Fountainside Hotel
Lenna of Hobart(Hobart)(Great Value!)
$179
$114
Agoda.com
Somerset on the Pier Hobart(Hobart)(Great Value!)
$166
$154
$199
$134
Agoda.com
Grand Chancellor Hotel Hobart(Hobart)(Great Value!)
$188
$97
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
The Old Woolstore Apartment Hotel(Hobart)(Great Value!)
$131
$81
  • Restaurant
Hadley's Orient Hotel(Hobart)(Great Value!)
$135
$69
$126
$106
  • Restaurant
Mantra Collins Hotel(Hobart)(Great Value!)
$114
$101
  • Room Service
Wrest Point(Hobart)(Great Value!)
$127
$105
Agoda.com
RACV/RACT Hobart Apartment Hotel(Hobart)(Great Value!)
$189
$132
1,278 results
All reviewsmini barshop pricesbusy roundaboutfree parkingtop floorbuffet breakfastbotanical gardenslarge tvlight sleepergood sizecity centreshort walksized bedwithin walking distancean easy walkfamily roomsalamanca markets
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Spent 3 blissful, restful nights on the best bed (latex). Sheets and pillows just right in feel and weight. 5 stars to the designer of the room: it was easy to 'read' e.g. light and aircon switches were easily seen and easy to work. All spaces a comfortable size. Each day the room was cleaned immaculately. Staff friendly and helpful; great customer service. (Good location at the junction of roads that take you either north and south yet the room was very quiet!) The best hotel experience and great value.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2013

It was a little difficult finding a hotel in Hobart that had good reviews and also offered a good price. I settled on this hotel due to the good reviews and managed to get a good price on the hotel website. I was a little concerned when I got to the hotel as it was peak time and my room faced onto the roundabout. The roundabout appears to be on the main route out of the city heading towards the airport and to the north of the city. The traffic noise was quite loud and I was concerned that I wouldn’t be able to get to sleep. However, I needn’t have worried. This is not New York, a town that never sleeps. This is Hobart, a town that seems to barely wake up. And please don’t get me wrong, I don’t mean that in a nasty way. Hobart is a lovely sleepy town, full of wonderful Colonial buildings and has a nice calm, relaxed atmosphere. I was quite amazed at walking through the CBD/city at 5.45pm and finding nearly everything closed.
My room at the hotel was nice enough, the bed was comfortable. I did have a couple of concerns. Firstly, the lighting in the room was just imbedded ceiling down lights, with no desk lamp. The other concern was the free Wi-Fi internet. This worked very poorly and required a download of an adobe app to make it work. In the end I gave up and as a regular visitor to Australia, I have a 3G pre-paid mobile broadband dongle. This is not that fast, but worked much better than the hotel free Wi-Fi.
The hotel is just across the road from the Hobart ABC television studios and is just around the corner from the Theatre Royal. It is a short walk into the CBD/city and to the waterfront. If I was to be in Hobart again, I would be happy to stay there.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 14, 2013

This hotel is very good in its services, cleanliness, everything that a hotel will be. The room service even arrange our messy shoes in a line when they came by and clean our room :) will definitely go back again when I visit Hobart!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a long weekend. Although this hotel doesn't look like much from the outside the rooms are actually quite surprising, very comfortable and clean. The mini bar is very reasonably priced, I think this trip has been the only time I've ever purchased anything from a mini bar! The hotel is within walking distance to restaurants and most reception staff we spoke to were very friendly and helpful. One problem we found was that while having a shower the water temperature changed frequently and as the showers don't have a door you can end up with a lot of water all over the bathroom floor.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jessw188
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We often visit our daughter and grand-daughter in Hobart and generally try to get something fairly close to the CBD or around Salamanca rather than impose on family. A last minute decision to stay another night saw us using TripAdvisor to find a suitable accommodation alternative to what we normally use and up popped very positive reviews of the Fountainside Hotel.
I have to say we were impressed with the staff, the price, the cleanliness of the rooms and the central location.
One night there and we've decided this may well be our 'go to' place for our next trip to Hobart.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem to look out over a busy thoroughfare so feel free to take up the offer of free earplugs which can be acquired from Reception.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family