1. Central convenient locations, close to shops, botanical gardens
2. Prices were good -$ 11.80 for breakfast $23.80 for dinner including salad and soup for guests.
3. The best mini bar prices I have ever seen.
4. Very friendly, approachable, attentive and welcoming staff. Note: we arrived on Christmas Day and it was almost like being at home.
5. The rooms have many cable channels including two free movie channels.
6. The rooms are well appointed. They include a comfortable king size bed, aircon, modernised bathroom.
7. Free parking for hotel guests.
8. Free Internet (wasn't free on check-in)
9. It lived upto it's 4 star rating
1. Bathrooms don't have a full length protective glass barrier in order to stop water seeping onto bathroom floor.
2. Internet connectivity to iPad and iPhone was a problem in the beginning. Receptionist helped to connect iPad to the hotspot. This experience for the customers can be improved.
3. Very minor and less important - elevator is old fashioned
Overall I liked staying at this hotel, will come back in future and will definitely recommend to friends and others
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ideal address in Hobart for both business and leisure. Walk to the CBD, Historic Waterfront and Salamanca and it's an easy drive to all main attractions in Southern Tasmania. Quiet 4 star rooms with luxurious beds, and air-conditioning for a great nights sleep. Broadband internet, Austar, offstreet parking, breakfast and dinner prices available for guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Priceline, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Fountainside Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fountainside Hotel Hobart, Tasmania