I booked this cause the expensive 'funky' hotel I wanted for my hubbys birthday was booked out and so didn't want some 2nd rate hotel corporate oriented one instead. Then I saw on Trip Advisor this was number 1, I could see it was only a b&b but number 1 is number 1!
So my verdict is it was lovely, bed was comfy, the room was nice, it was at the front of the house (left of front door as you enter) and the traffic noise was not a problem at all. The staff were lovely and it was very clean and snug but the only minute criticism I'd have is at breakfast they serve eggs and meat in the same hot plates, so not so good if you don't eat meat. However I emailed them this comment and they replied immediately thanking me for my suggestion which I was impressed with, would be interested to know if they acted on it ....
Hobart (pop. 200k) is really easy to navigate as it has a grid system of one way streets and Macquarie St. is a good base for doing most of it on foot, you'd only need a taxi to get to North Hobart where there are a few interesting bars and restaurants.
Oh and in the B&B there's a retaurant guide saying some are open til late, this actually means 10pm so not exactly late so if you are off signtseeing out of town plan your return for dinner time well.
And for veges one of the nicest (upmarket) vegetarian restaurants we have been to in Oz is just down the road at 6 Victoria St. called Sirens - may be wise to book ahead too [--].
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is situated in the middle of Hobart City. Walking distance to major tourist city attractions. Limited Parking is available at $15.00 per day on a first in, first served basis. The guest lounge , bar and breakfast restaurant is very contemporary in design and the room rates are designed for the budget traveller. Rooms are large, air conditioned with modern bathrooms. Check in is between the hours of 2pm and 7pm. Check out is 10am Luggage storage is available for $5.00 per day. A continental breakfast is free to all guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Macquarie Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Macquarie Manor Hotel Hobart
- Quality Macquarie Manor Hobart
- Quality Inn Hobart
- Macquarie Manor Hobart, Tasmania