My husband and I have stayed at the "cass" many times now and have always found it to be great. This time was no exception.
Our room was lovely and clean and had a great view of Mt Wellington. Very relaxing and quiet room.
That night we went to pier ! for dinner which was lovely modern food, not too expensive either, which is a big bonus when you are travelling. After dinner we took a walk along Salamanca place and checked out some of the nightlife there.
Here's a tip girls.......... Don't wear 2 inch heels to Salamanca!!! It is cobblestones and well....you get the picture!! Well, down I went and sprained my ankle really badly!! Ouch!!
We grabbed a taxi (really quick and easy to get a cab here) Back to Wrest Point. When the doorman saw us hobble out of the cab he could not do enough to help. The concierge was also fabulous and got us up to our room quickly. Once there he orgainised for room service to bring us a big bucket of ice and asked us if we would like a doctor to be called. I decided that it was not too bad so did not need a doctor. He then strapped my ankle with a bandage and put it on ice. This guy was brilliant. Obviously had alot of first aid training!!
Reception called us in the morning to see if all was ok and if we would like to have our breakfast in our room if I was unable to make it to the "coffee Shop".
We went for breakfast at the coffee shop located in the hotel and it was really great. Excellent bufffet and good coffee.
Spent the next couple of days hobbling!!! Really enjoyed the rest of our break! Will definitely be back. This time without the heels!! LOL.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience an absolute Hobart waterfront destination at Wrest Point; with spectacular river and mountain views, many fantastic dining experiences - including the award winning 17th floor Point Revolving Restaurant - a range of entertainment and genuine Tasmanian hospitality. For accommodation in an amazing location, great service and quality food and wine, look no further than Wrest Point. Choose from 4 Star Water Edge Rooms or superb 4 1/2 star Rooms and Suites in the famous Wrest Point Tower that capture stunning views of the river, majestic Mount Wellington, Hobart city and surrounds. Equal access rooms are available on request in the Tower. Wrest Point also offers a choice of 5 restaurants and 4 bars, from one of Hobart's premier dining restaurants, the Point Revolving Restaurant to the absolute waterfront location of Pier One Restaurant and Bar; to Tassie's best cocktails and live music 7 nights a week in the iconic Birdcage Bar. Other key features include: - Free Wi-Fi in all accommodation rooms - Free FOXTEL channels - Individually controlled air-conditioning and heating in all rooms - All non-smoking rooms - Solid constructed rooms for quiet night sleep - Free car parking and valet car parking service available - Saturday shuttle bus service available to Salamanca Market ($5pp return) - Free access to health club with indoor pool, gymnasium, sauna and spa - Free access to onsite tennis court and mini-golf - Comprehensive 24-hour onsite security monitoring and staff - 24-hour Reception and Guest Services Desk - Water ferry services accessible from the hotel pier - Casino entertainment - Live international and national entertainment acts Enjoy the comfort, space and wide-ranging facilities of one of Hobart's premier hotels, a range of entertainment offerings and located close to Salamanca and CBD precincts. Wrest Point is the ideal base for your Tasmanian holiday or business trip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wrest Point reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wrest Point Hotel Sandy Bay
- Wrest Point Landmark Hotel
- Hotel Wrest Point Landmark
- Wrest Point Hobart, Tasmania