Stayed here for two nights last weekend. We booked a Riverside room and were looking forward to staying there. We arrived early at 10.30am but were grateful to hear our room was ready and could go straight in. We made the long trip to the room only to find the door open and someone using the toilet. We made our way back to reception and were immediately given an upgrade to a room on the 12th floor with a spectacular view of the river. A very nice room indeed and greatly appreciated.
We used a few of the barsand restaurant's inside the complex and were generally happy. The food in the Riverside restaurant was superb however the menu in the Onyx bar needs to be reprinted so as not to be confusing. We ordered a pork belly dish only to be surprised when a pork pizza arrived. Pizza was ok just a surprise.
Overall the staff were very friendly and more than helpful.
My only real complaint was not being able to take my wife on her birthday to the high tea that is served friday afternoons in the top floor restaurant. We saw the posters in the lift and tried to book friday morning. Upon trying to book it we were told it needed to be booked by Thursday at the latest. You really need this information on the posters in the lift.
But overall a great time and a very comfortable and enjoyable stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience an absolute Hobart waterfront destination at Wrest Point; with spectacular river and mountain views, many fantastic dining experiences - including the award winning 17th floor Point Revolving Restaurant - a range of entertainment and genuine Tasmanian hospitality. For accommodation in an amazing location, great service and quality food and wine, look no further than Wrest Point. Choose from 4 Star Water Edge Rooms or superb 4 1/2 star Rooms and Suites in the famous Wrest Point Tower that capture stunning views of the river, majestic Mount Wellington, Hobart city and surrounds. Equal access rooms are available on request in the Tower. Wrest Point also offers a choice of 5 restaurants and 4 bars, from one of Hobart's premier dining restaurants, the Point Revolving Restaurant to the absolute waterfront location of Pier One Restaurant and Bar; to Tassie's best cocktails and live music 7 nights a week in the iconic Birdcage Bar. Other key features include: - Free Wi-Fi in all accommodation rooms - Free FOXTEL channels - Individually controlled air-conditioning and heating in all rooms - All non-smoking rooms - Solid constructed rooms for quiet night sleep - Free car parking and valet car parking service available - Saturday shuttle bus service available to Salamanca Market ($5pp return) - Free access to health club with indoor pool, gymnasium, sauna and spa - Free access to onsite tennis court and mini-golf - Comprehensive 24-hour onsite security monitoring and staff - 24-hour Reception and Guest Services Desk - Water ferry services accessible from the hotel pier - Casino entertainment - Live international and national entertainment acts Enjoy the comfort, space and wide-ranging facilities of one of Hobart's premier hotels, a range of entertainment offerings and located close to Salamanca and CBD precincts. Wrest Point is the ideal base for your Tasmanian holiday or business trip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wrest Point reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wrest Point Hotel Sandy Bay
- Wrest Point Landmark Hotel
- Hotel Wrest Point Landmark
- Wrest Point Hobart, Tasmania