Stayed at this hotel couple of times and it was worth returning back again. The hotel ticks all the right boxes – location, cleanliness, service, and breakfast. On the first occasion I stayed in the secondary building that is linked to the main tower by the galley and even though it was on the ground floor the views from my window in the morning were spectacular! Second time I stayed in the tower with my windows heading towards the snowy mountain peak of Mount Wellington.
Just one thing that is still fresh in my memory is the room interior – I doubt it was touched by any kind of designer.))) The walls were painted in weird yellow and mirror in the bathroom was surrounded by lights like in the movies where they put make up on actors. But if you aren’t particularly looking for perfectly decorated rooms it shouldn’t be an issue for you :)
Breakfast in the restaurant was always amazing – I would give it five stars!
Casino and bars in the main tower surprisingly do not cause any disturbance and I didn’t hear any noise from there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience an absolute Hobart waterfront destination at Wrest Point; with spectacular river and mountain views, many fantastic dining experiences - including the award winning 17th floor Point Revolving Restaurant - a range of entertainment and genuine Tasmanian hospitality. For accommodation in an amazing location, great service and quality food and wine, look no further than Wrest Point. Choose from 4 Star Water Edge Rooms or superb 4 1/2 star Rooms and Suites in the famous Wrest Point Tower that capture stunning views of the river, majestic Mount Wellington, Hobart city and surrounds. Equal access rooms are available on request in the Tower. Wrest Point also offers a choice of 5 restaurants and 4 bars, from one of Hobart's premier dining restaurants, the Point Revolving Restaurant to the absolute waterfront location of Pier One Restaurant and Bar; to Tassie's best cocktails and live music 7 nights a week in the iconic Birdcage Bar. Other key features include: - Free Wi-Fi in all accommodation rooms - Free FOXTEL channels - Individually controlled air-conditioning and heating in all rooms - All non-smoking rooms - Solid constructed rooms for quiet night sleep - Free car parking and valet car parking service available - Saturday shuttle bus service available to Salamanca Market ($5pp return) - Free access to health club with indoor pool, gymnasium, sauna and spa - Free access to onsite tennis court and mini-golf - Comprehensive 24-hour onsite security monitoring and staff - 24-hour Reception and Guest Services Desk - Water ferry services accessible from the hotel pier - Casino entertainment - Live international and national entertainment acts Enjoy the comfort, space and wide-ranging facilities of one of Hobart's premier hotels, a range of entertainment offerings and located close to Salamanca and CBD precincts. Wrest Point is the ideal base for your Tasmanian holiday or business trip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wrest Point reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wrest Point Hotel Sandy Bay
- Wrest Point Landmark Hotel
- Hotel Wrest Point Landmark
- Wrest Point Hobart, Tasmania