We stayed here in april 2012 for 1 night and were quite dissapointed. The only good thing about the hotel were the staff. The gentleman working at the front desk that checked us in and then out the next day was very friendly and helpful.
The room we had was ok but for the price we payed we were expecting a little more (obviously staying in a 4 star room the expectations are already there before you walk in the door).
The room at first glance when walking in was dated (luckily they have the view to distract you). The beds in general were very comfy with clean sheets. The tv was an old analog square tv that was in the cupboard (there was no flatscreen). The mini bar they had in the room was supposed to include 2 packets of pringles, which were both there, but upon closer look one packet had been opened and then sat back there again. In the bedside table top drawer there were used tissues and a packet of gastro stop. The picture frame in the room was covered in 2inch thick dust, which hadnt been dusted. I dont think much dusting had been done in the room as there were sticky marks on the dining table. The shower in the bathroom hadnt been cleaned all that well either, as on the metal strip down the bottom there was still soap residue. It looked like all the cleaners had done in the room was made the bed, put fresh towels in the room and vaccumed.
Being a housekeeper myself in a 4 star boutique hotel in Launceston i knew what i was looking for and was actually quite appauled at the way this housekeeper had left the room to be presented to the guests. Perhaps some further training or room checking by management needs to be done.
Whilst we were there we decided to dine at the "coffee shop" for dinner for the buffet. That was a dissapointment also. For the $30 each price tag we payed i hate to say it but it definetly was not worth the price. The selection that was there for the buffett was very minimal (not sure if its like that every night or if we just happened to pick a bad night).
We werent there very long, we just ate what we could and left. We later on that night went down to the "riverview snack bar" and ordered 2 fishermans baskets for $9.90 each and took them back to our room and ate them (we should of had that for tea) as it was much nicer than the buffett.
All in all, i dont think i would come back again and would be sceptical to recommend the hotel to anyone else, based on there food and housekeeping services. Think we'll be staying elsewhere on our visit to Hobart next.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience an absolute Hobart waterfront destination at Wrest Point; with spectacular river and mountain views, many fantastic dining experiences - including the award winning 17th floor Point Revolving Restaurant - a range of entertainment and genuine Tasmanian hospitality. For accommodation in an amazing location, great service and quality food and wine, look no further than Wrest Point. Choose from 4 Star Water Edge Rooms or superb 4 1/2 star Rooms and Suites in the famous Wrest Point Tower that capture stunning views of the river, majestic Mount Wellington, Hobart city and surrounds. Equal access rooms are available on request in the Tower. Wrest Point also offers a choice of 5 restaurants and 4 bars, from one of Hobart's premier dining restaurants, the Point Revolving Restaurant to the absolute waterfront location of Pier One Restaurant and Bar; to Tassie's best cocktails and live music 7 nights a week in the iconic Birdcage Bar. Other key features include: - Free Wi-Fi in all accommodation rooms - Free FOXTEL channels - Individually controlled air-conditioning and heating in all rooms - All non-smoking rooms - Solid constructed rooms for quiet night sleep - Free car parking and valet car parking service available - Saturday shuttle bus service available to Salamanca Market ($5pp return) - Free access to health club with indoor pool, gymnasium, sauna and spa - Free access to onsite tennis court and mini-golf - Comprehensive 24-hour onsite security monitoring and staff - 24-hour Reception and Guest Services Desk - Water ferry services accessible from the hotel pier - Casino entertainment - Live international and national entertainment acts Enjoy the comfort, space and wide-ranging facilities of one of Hobart's premier hotels, a range of entertainment offerings and located close to Salamanca and CBD precincts. Wrest Point is the ideal base for your Tasmanian holiday or business trip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wrest Point reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wrest Point Hotel Sandy Bay
- Wrest Point Landmark Hotel
- Hotel Wrest Point Landmark
- Wrest Point Hobart, Tasmania