Spent an enjoyable three nights at the hotel, which is celebrating its 38th year of accommodating travellers and yes, it is a bit tired and in need of some TLC, but the views from the tower section are fantastic. At about $180 a night it is up against some stiff competition from nearby Battery Point boutique hotels - Battery Point is where perhaps the island's most famous son, Errol Flynn, spent an adventurous childhood. The hotel is also the island's main gambling venue, with pokies easily the most numerous and preferred means of losing one's money. Aside from views of the Derwent River and the city it also offers a decent indoor pool/sauna and gym. There are also numerous bars and eateries, with the menus a tad on the high side as is room service, but it remains an icon and within walking distance of the CBD and the famous salamanca markets to which a ferry operates from the hotel wharf.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience an absolute Hobart waterfront destination at Wrest Point; with spectacular river and mountain views, many fantastic dining experiences - including the award winning 17th floor Point Revolving Restaurant - a range of entertainment and genuine Tasmanian hospitality. For accommodation in an amazing location, great service and quality food and wine, look no further than Wrest Point. Choose from 4 Star Water Edge Rooms or superb 4 1/2 star Rooms and Suites in the famous Wrest Point Tower that capture stunning views of the river, majestic Mount Wellington, Hobart city and surrounds. Equal access rooms are available on request in the Tower. Wrest Point also offers a choice of 5 restaurants and 4 bars, from one of Hobart's premier dining restaurants, the Point Revolving Restaurant to the absolute waterfront location of Pier One Restaurant and Bar; to Tassie's best cocktails and live music 7 nights a week in the iconic Birdcage Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Wrest Point reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wrest Point Hotel Sandy Bay
- Wrest Point Landmark Hotel
- Hotel Wrest Point Landmark
- Wrest Point Hobart, Tasmania