“Huge steak!”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 18, 2013

The rump steak was the biggest steak I've ever seen and filled up the entire plate. Portion sizes were huge and well cooked. Good pub food, good prices, good service

Reviewed February 10, 2013

had a drink there and couldn't get a table for all the diners and drinkers in this little pub. Good feel to it and we could get a takeaway bottle of wine over the counter. would be a nice place to get a meal but get in early.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

My daughter and I had just arrived in Hobart Tasmania for the very first time. We did a quick tour of the city in our hire car for somewhere to eat and at random chose the Shamrock Hotel. What a great choice. The hotel was just so nice inside with a sense of yesterday but contemporary. We took note of a beautiful big fire place with a stack of wood neatly piled beside so would be nice in winter. The food was fantastic and both times we ate there we used the $10 bar menu. Where else could you get a sirloin steak with the most beautiful salad and great chips for that price. The service was par exellence and so quick... absolutely recommend it. The beer and wine prices also good....the place was buzzing with locals both times so testimony to its popularity.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Do yourself a favour and eat at the Shamrock Hotel.

Travelling with a young family, it was great to find somewhere to rely on. We knew the kids would eat, and eat well.

The meals were fantastic quality, and at $10 each, fantastic price. There is a good selection of beers, both on tap, and bottled.

We lucked it the first night, and got a table, but missed out the next night. No problem, we just made a habit of booking each night for the next night. Problem solved.

The staff were great. Highly recommended.

2  Thank Steve C
Reviewed January 6, 2013

A group of nine of us went to the Shamrock at my male cousin's suggestion, to celebrate my 82 year old mother's birthday. I wasn't keen to go there, but changed my mind very quickly. The menu gave enough range for all our needs (I don't eat meat, so had the fish. Plus there are a lot of foods my mother can't eat). We received a pub meal that was excellent. Prices are excellent value, and the meals are good quality pub meals. Mum was pleased, we ate well, were all more than happy with our meals, certainly had no complaints. Service was good. Atmosphere was fine. Will certainly eat there again!

2  Thank Poetripedla