“Fabulous Tapas”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Located in the old Gibsons City Flour Mill (1865) and reconstructed in 1985 is now this lovely restaurant serving tapas type food. The menu is extensive and the food very tasty and not overpriced. We had grilled oysters with grated manchego cheese and leak, yummy pork and lemon croquettes, mushroom arancini, delicious fried eggplant, goats cheese,honey and rosemary, delicate spanner crab and prawn, avocado, chipotle aioli as nibbles. Then a more substantial goats cheese semolina gnocchi with a pesto and tomato puree - delicious. For dessert we shared a roasted wattleseed and macadamia ice cream with roasted white chocolate and frosted macadamia and a chocolate lattice - fabulous. All of this for 2 people for $70 plus wines. Terrific value for a casual meal.

1  Thank Heather C

Reviewed January 12, 2014

A group of 8 of us had dinner here on a Saturday night. The service was great and there is a lot of food to choose from. The waiters were great at explaining all the different types of dishes and going through the specials of the day. The wine list is also very extensive. A number of the dishes were really great - the corn, the beef cheek, the stuff capsicum and the zucchini flowers were some of my personal favourites. The meatballs were also good! The soft shell tacos were a little disappointing (a bit soggy) but that was the only thing that stood out and I think that was because everything else was so tasty!

We sat in the atrium out at the back of the restaurant which was lovely (and possibly slightly nicer than the main restaurant). The location is good - on the water and near Customs House (?) which appeared to a be a good bar to go for a drink in.

I would go back based on the value and the great variety of food on the menu. The service was also great.

1  Thank Silpa101283
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

Had a fantastic meal, service was great. One of the best placed we ate at whilst visiting Hobart. Didn't have a booking and wandered in off the street, we were quickly seated and had a fantastic night!

1  Thank woodsy70
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

DRINKS: impressive drinks menu, huge range of wines, top spirits, great cocktails.

FOOD: uses fresh, locally sourced produce and served very well. Plenty of variety, quality food!

OTHER: very cool atmosphere, modern contempo with a touch of old heritage. Classy/trendy way to start out your night.

1  Thank One2enty
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I wanted something that was really nice, I asked the reception staff at my hotel and they suggested The Mill on Morrison. I have had a previous experience with the tapas style of eating. The staff at The Mill were outstanding, they provided a fantastic service with a smile. The food. Oh the food was spectacular. The six dishes were well above my expectations which were quite high to begin with. It was a little pricey but well worth it. I can guarantee that I will be recommending The Mill to my family and friends when they are in Hobart and also I will be returning myself for another sensational dinner experience.

1  Thank Michael S