“Great music”

Customs House Waterfront Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #40 of 616 Restaurants in Hobart
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: After over 25 years welcoming guests from all over the world we are proud of our passion and respect for the food and service we provide to our customers. We are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner 7 days (except Christmas day). In 2003, the original Customs House Hotel took over the ship chandlery building next door on Morrison Street, and transformed it into our award winning restaurant. The original sandstone has been restored giving a feeling of history and charm with 100 seats in a waterfront setting, our restaurant is a staple in the Hobart dining scene. We are proud to use only the freshest local ingredients including East Coast shellfish and wallaby from Bagdad. Our extensive wine list showcases local and national wines chosen to compliment the array of dishes we have on offer. In 2016 our Al Fresco dining area was upgraded to be one of the best outdoor dining locations on the Waterfront, perfect for lazy days of great food and people watching.
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Live music was great, good atmosphere, find getting to the lady,s room a bit dangerous stair a bit deadly, drink prices reasonable

Reviewed June 20, 2014

Have been there before . their scallops USE TO ! be good .my wife and i both ordered them .....a whole 7 scallops came out ,tasted off and said to the waitress .a young french accent lady .who took the plates back to the kitchen .But no response came she didn't even come back to the table with a response.so i went to the bar to enquire and asked about the bill ,still charged full price .
I TOLD THE BAR STAFF I WOULD TELL EVERY ONE I POSSIBLY COULD .I MEAN IT
THEY MUST HAVE A NEW CHEF AND BOY O` BOY HE HAS BUGGERED UP A ONCE GOOD PLACE TO EAT .AND AS FOR THE HEAD WAITER (O WE ARE BOOKED OUT )USE SOME OTHER LINE SORRY YOUR FULL OF IT

Reviewed June 9, 2014

We had a lovely dinner here, inexpensive and very tasty. First class service, warm, friendly staff,and a very good menu. Highly recommend it. I also recommend the breakfast, this is included when you stay in their accommodation

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Popped in for lunch last Saturday. It was cold and wet outside but warm and cheerful in here. Oysters were the best we had tried on our visit to Hobart. All of the food was very good and service excellent considering they had a very large function going on which could of overwhelmed the staff but they shone through.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Had been hearing a lot about this place so tried it for the first time the other day. Came here for dinner and as I hadn't had any lunch, I was pretty hungry so I ordered leek & potato soup ($10.50) to start. It was quite large serve (and tasted very nice) but consequently I couldn't do my main meal justice. We also ordered garlic bread ($7.50) - thinking of the "normal" type of garlic bread. Came out as a small baguette with garlic butter on the side, but it was really yummy. Too yummy in fact as I ate too much of that too.

There wasn't much on the menu for me except fish & chips ($28.50) but the staff obligingly said I could have the battered fish with mashed potato and veggies instead of chips and salad. The mash was delicious but so much of it, really wish I hadn't had that soup and bread! The fish was nicely battered too. My dining companion ordered a chicken schnitzel ($25.50). She said it was very nice but a sour note with that is she was asked what sauce she would like (she chose parmigiana) but they didn't tell her she would be charged $2.50 extra.

The only other thing was that we were seated right in front of the fire. It got just too hot to really enjoy the meal, although one of the wait staff did notice our discomfort and towards the end of the meal we got moved to a table further away.

I did enjoy it here. Don't think I would go there alone but definitely if I was dining with someone else.