“Coffee let down”

The Italian Pantry
Ranked #190 of 632 Restaurants in Hobart
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The restaurent trades under The Italian Pantry but also trades under Serrarao fine foods. The food is wonderful and the service is outstanding and friendly. I know people who go again and again.The serve lunch every day and dinner friday nights which have to be booked owing to popular demand, new dining with a differance.Seating is available up to eighty people, and it is fully licenced.
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

Went there for a coffee today with my mum, she got a capachino which was alright. I ordered a mocha which had no taste and was so bad I couldn't even drink it. However the atmosphere was warm and welcoming.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

We have just returned from a weekend in Hobart where we went to The Italian Pantry for a meal on Friday evening. Having seen adverts on TV, we thought it would be a good place to eat. We had read the reviews left by previous visitors and although there were some negative points, we decided to give it a try and made a reservation. Unfortunately, both of us were disappointed by the very small menu choice but were told that the menu changed weekly so maybe we were just unlucky. I chose the Piadina which I can only say was average. My husband had the rabbit, which for around $27 was an extremely small portion, with only a few potatoes and no other vegetables. We were only in there for half an hour and left still feeling hungry. I was so looking forward to the lasagne but it was not on that particular menu. Having said that, the service was good and the staff very friendly but not sure whether we will go again.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

The Italian Pantry is a very worthy addition to anyone's list of special places to eat. Outwardly it seems understated but when you enter you find yuourself in a relaxed tratorria-like environment. The food is authentically italian and the range of pasta you can buy, both fresh and dried, is amazing. But so is the Deli area in which you have to exercise strong discipline becaue the choices are extensive. The staff and service is attentive and helpful and the food ....well you just have to keep returning!

Reviewed October 4, 2013

A little bit out of the centre of Hobart if you don't have a car but well worth the effort to get to this place. The food was delicious in simple surroundings with pleasant staff. A wander around the shop should be treated cautiously since the selection was huge and I wanted a piece or pack of everything on offer. Excellent to see a shop with such a selection of Italian food in Tasmania.

2  Thank White110
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I was so delighted with my last visit so decided to take some elderly ladies(70 -80 years) here for lunch. I was unsure how they would cope with the wonderful rustic feel but they thought it was marvelous. our meals were beautiful and we all ended up taking away meals from the shop for our evening meals. loved the friendly service and the advice on Italian soft drinks, wonderful to try different things and be assured that if I didn't like I could return it.