“Simply the best...simple and unique”
Review of Solicit - CLOSED

Solicit
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 4, 2012

The menu is not too long. The ingredients were obtained that day. The dishes feature Tasmanian ingredients and also native flora. The service is excellent, allowing you to savour the dishes in a mellow and warm atmosphere. The surroundings are interesting, but do not distract you from the amazing food. The prices are reasonable for the distinctive and delicious food you will receive. The owners are passionate and also are very supportive of the community, by allowing students to try their hand, and then selecting the best of these to be apprentices in the kitchen.

Highly recommend. We have been here a number of times.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

The food was great and interesting, and the service was of a high quality although it took a little long to get the food. I recommend it but perhaps not if you are in any kind of rush.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Warm welcome, great service and most of all the food was un believable . This restaurant is a must!!

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Well, at least the best that I've found! Not only is the dinner menu always fantastic, the cocktail menu (while very small) is nothing but the best. Along with all the various craft beers and ciders, it's no wonder we always leave somewhat inebriated.

Went this week with wife and friends. Three of us had the steak - all were cooked exactly to order. We all really appreciate the atmosphere and decor of Solicit - warm and intimate, neither too formal or casual.

Always a great place to visit.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Of all the places my husband and I have eaten, Solicit is the best place we have ever eaten by far. (Well okay, Yoshi's was pretty amazing, but it had the sort of price tag that accompanies a hatted restaurant).

So good is the food and service at Solicit, we recently had our wedding there! It's become the staple for all our special occasions - taking out friends for their birthdays, our birthdays... now I guess it's getting time to plan a Christmas party!

Joan always puts up with our rowdiness (with such a lovely alcohol list, it can't be helped!) while John puts up with our requests for things like "Can I have icecream topped with haloumi for dessert?".

There is nothing that comes out of that kitchen that doesn't taste amazing. That, and the price tag is overly reasonable. Last time I was there, I had the duck risotto, which was wonderful, but I really love any sort of game they have available.

The menu changes seasonally, so, this place is a must visit at least once every three months :D