“Really good food”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 11, 2012

We have eaten at Solicit on a number of occasions and will happily continue to eat there.
The food, wine and service are all excellent. Be happy to wait the 30 or so minutes for your steak - it is worth it - Order the warm olives to tide you over they are yum !

Reviewed April 7, 2012

A breath of fresh air. Quality fresh ingredients done simply but perfectly, with the use of interesting spices & sauces. We had lunch - the fried white fish, grilled prawns and shaved sweet potato chips, the house leek & potato soup, & bruschetta. Standouts were the bruschetta (crisp light breAd, sparse tomato, rocqefort cheese, excellent dressing with the rocket leaves), prawns (big, crunchy, gently seasoned) & soup (rich but not greasy, thick but not with cornflour). Lovely!

Reviewed March 24, 2012

Joanie at the front of house was our host a one person wonder ensuring our needs were always met, thank you to her.
Our food journey started with the 5 taste plate, each bite was amazing. The pork & duck were our mains & each were to die for. In all honesty we should have stopped there but we decided on desert so as to take advantage of all that was to offer. We decided on the brownie & the pavlova each delectable as each other.
All of our choices were a party for our taste buds & a journey that will definitely be repeated thank you to Solicit to a very enjoyable meal

Reviewed March 20, 2012

Solicit has provided me with, quite simply, the best food I have *ever* eaten in Hobart. Possibly in my life! The spiced venison I tasted simply lit up my senses, and the accompanying rosemary brioche was something I wished I could eat every day of my life. The chocolate and caramel fudge tart for dessert was also utterly divine.

The service is impeccable, the meals to die for, and the venue itself an intimate-but-stylish little haven of North Hobart.

Dining here is an absolute must - do not come to Hobart without paying Solicit a visit!

Reviewed February 24, 2012

It isn't very often I go to a restaurant and find myself excited for the food to come out. It is rare to find somewhere offering such delectable vegetarian dishes, but Solicit surpassed the standard with flying colours. I had a three course meal so as to make the most of their offerings and it truly was a journey of delights for my taste-buds.
There was only one waitress on this evening and although she attended to us promptly, she receives no commendation for service.
Conveniently located in the main North Hobart eating precinct, the space is low-lit, warm and appealing. My partner and I were seated in the back room which has booth seating, so for those wanting to snuggle this is a great treat.