“Terrific little restaurant with good service and terrific food!”
Review of Solicit - CLOSED

Solicit
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 12, 2012

This restaurant in North Hobart is definitely worth a visit. They had some awesome wines on their list at not really high prices. The food selections were wonderful. Our appetizers were perfect and the mains were simply outstanding.

The atmosphere is very nice... quite historic. Although it was very busy (it was New Year's Eve), it wasn't very noisy.

Reviewed January 4, 2012

We had the 5 tastes starter and all 5 tastes were teriffic. The oyster in lime was excellent. For main the king island beef with mushroom was tender and tasty.
I recommend this highly.

Reviewed December 30, 2011

We had nearly given up after trying to book a table for 2 in a nice restaurant the Friday before to NYE.
Luckily we found solicit at the last minute.
The food meals are unique, healthy and delicious! The menu is quite small although there is certainly an option for all tastes and meals are generously sized.
We spent $140 between the two of us-1 entree to share, 2 mains, 1 desert to share and a $40 bottle of wine.
This place is perfect for a relaxed dinner for 2 or a group of people and we will certainly return when visiting Hobart again.

1  Thank Samandem
Reviewed December 24, 2011

I have a personal history with this place, I stayed there many years ago when it first opened as a restaurant in its previous incarnation and got up to all sorts of unanticipated shenanigans. So it's always nice to eat here when I'm in Hobart as I try to do whenever I'm there. Present-day owners Joan in front of house, who is lovely and husband John rocks, he's a great chef. As I was a walk-in on the misgiving I wouldn't have to book which was my mistake, being a Saturday, and being due at a movie, I was kindly squeezed in and chose the pork fillet as one of two mains that could be done in a short amount of time. The oysters as entree were heaven and the pork meal ate beautifully, though it didn't stick in my mind afterwards as the rabbit I had there last year still does a year and a half later, which I wasn't bothered by as it was I who'd denied myself choice. Nevertheless, the clearly fresh ingredients were a delight, the jus was particularly impressive and it was just a lovingly-prepared, lovely meal. The nice young waiter who was on with Joan that night was very pleasant, and for someone of his generation to be so well-versed in old-fashioned, charming service left me tickled pink. Whoever trained him should be given a medal, his was the best service I had in Hobart that week. I really like Solicit, it's my kind of restaurant, just the right kind of ambience, casual and sophisticated, and no-nonsense food, you can rely on them not to stuff you around, fresh produce and always good. I'll be back!

1  Thank HadenY17
Reviewed December 4, 2011

This little restaurant is awesome.. we dined here two weeks ago, and the food was absolutely divine! we just happened to stumble across Solicit on a stroll down Elizabeth street on our last night in Hobart.
We had eaten at 4 or 5 different restaurants on this street, all were good, but Solicit had all the right ingredients, a modern, cosy and unpretentious atmosphere, excellent personal service, and of course the food was.... very yummy!