“A great morning”

Gourmania Food Tours Tasmania
Ranked #7 of 19 Food & Drink in Hobart
More attraction details
Owner description: We will take you on a gourmet journey of the delightful city of Hobart, introducing you to the finest Tasmanian food and wine and the passionate industry professionals making it all happen. You will be offered generous portions of delectable treats on this progressive feast as you discover what makes Hobart a terrific city in which to be a foodie!
Brisbane, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A great morning”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

A highlight of our trip to Hobart! I recommend to anyone at the start of their stay. Hobart has some much food to taste and this tour allow you to experience many . We did the morning tour and loved it. Not only did we get a rounded food experience we also got experience some of the history Hobart . Thank you Mary for an enjoyable day :)

Visited September 2013
Food2urist, Owner at Gourmania Food Tours Tasmania, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thanks for your review! Glad you enjoyed your morning with us and the variety of food and beverages offered on the tour, as well as the little bit of history thrown in. Cheers!

sydney
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great way to experience the best of Hobart.”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Thx Mary for a great afternoon. We got to sample the best of tassie food which was a fab way to start our stay. We did the tea to tapas tour and I was extremely impressed with the food quality and variety that Mary showed us in such a short space of time. It was lovely to do a food tour and not feel as though it was all about spending my money. It was refreshing to just be able to sample some of the best that tassie has to offer. All round I would definitely recommend this tour to anyone. Great food and drink and great company. Cheers everyone.

Visited September 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thanks for your review! Always a pleasure to show off the fabulous range of new businesses in Hobart and what they do so well....a great variety of delicious things for us to try. So pleased you enjoyed the experience!
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Must Do in Hobart”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We had a wonderful morning with Mary eating our way around Hobart. The tour was well planned and couldn't have been any better. There was variety in the foods we tasted and Mary shared her extensive knowledge of the area and the food industry in Hobart. We later returned to many of the places Mary had shared with us through the tour.

Visited September 2013
Food2urist, Owner at Gourmania Food Tours Tasmania, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thanks Nellie for the review. It was great to have a group of young foodies along on tour and I am glad you were able to return to some of the fabulous businesses and indulge in more delicious local food & wine!!
Brisbane, Australia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Fun and filling amble!”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Thank-you Mary for a delightful and informative walking tour around key gourmet spots of Hobart. I learned heaps about the area, ate too much (to the point two of us regrettably couldn't eat it all), enjoyed tastings of such variety our appetites were truly wet, and enjoyed the company of like minded tourists who similarly enjoyed the experience. It was excellent value and a good investment in my own knowledge of what Tassie also contributes to Australia, not just local, individual needs or wishes of a tourist. It took four hours and I was fascinated by the facts you shared (about salmon, agriculture, you name it) and appreciated your informed answers to our many questions. I've since enjoyed stocking up on holiday treats based on your samples and my partner has thoroughly enjoyed them. I also really want to visit Brookfield outside of Margate to experience all it has to offer - of which I hear it has heaps!

Visited September 2013
Food2urist, Owner at Gourmania Food Tours Tasmania, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. So pleased you enjoyed the experience, the food tastings, and the fascinating facts! It was a pleasure to have you on tour!
Tasmania
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“The delights of being a tourist in your home city!”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Sometimes it pays to take the time to be a tourist in your home city!
I finally got around to booking the Gourmania Food's 'Tea to Tapas' tour which I did on Friday 20/09. What a delightful afternoon, we tasted beautiful food and sampled great coffee, tea, wine, cider and beer and Mary's detailed knowledge of the food scene in Hobart along with her great rapport with the engaging owners & staff at the venues visited enhanced the experience. Although I'm a local, I picked up all sorts of interesting info - both culinary & historical along the way. Booking process was really easy and very thorough - website is beautiful, the afternoon was very organized but super relaxing, 3 hrs flew by and I was disappointed when it finished. I'll just have to treat myself to another one!!

Visited September 2013
Always fun to have a local along on tour and introduce a few new venues or products you may have yet to discover. It is so exciting in Tasmania at the moment with our blooming industry, we are feeling pretty lucky! Thanks for taking the time to review the experience!