“Let down with the price & not enough guided tours available”

Maritime Museum of Tasmania
Tasmania Sightseeing Pass: See Tasmania Card
Ranked #19 of 136 things to do in Hobart
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Let down with the price & not enough guided tours available”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

I noticed the pensioner prices weren't a significant saving(within only a few dollars in comparrison to the adult prices)& they didn't have nearly as many flexible times for the guided tours as the art gallery & musuem in Hobart do).The fact that I'd to show myself around as they told me they'd no tours that day until another day that wasn't suitable to me was a let down!

Silver Spring, Maryland
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Interesting and affordable”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Packed with information and history. Had a nice time and learned much. If you visit the penitentiary chapel you can get a half price coupon too! Nice gift shop.

Tamworth, Australia
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“interesting”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Run by volunteers that were happy to have a chat.not just about the maritime part.but conflicts of wars.I loved this place.am but well worthies a visit.you won't understand the water part of Tassie if u don't go here.recommend it specially any desendents of navy peepz.just to get another side of the water front

Brisbane, Australia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Excellent”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Very good display of all things maritime depicting the particular history of Hobart and surrounds. Well worth the $9 or $10 admission fee. Great bookshop/gift shop also.

1 Thank G T
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Make sure you get a ticket!”
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

After "buying" a ticket and inspecting this small museum for over an hour
( great museum!)
On exiting I asked if I could return the next day to finish looking.... I was told I would need to pay!
I asked "what again?"
Reply " no you didn't buy a ticket when you arrived!"
I said " yes I did & you served me!"
I guess you can't expect much dealing with volunteers lol

Visited June 2014