“Great meal every time”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

Never fails me great food great beer. There is sometimes a bit of a wait but worth it! Friendly staff and easy to find someone to chat to A++++

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Great pub restaurant, best in hobart and good Guiness.
The Guiness Pie was fantastic and check out the hoppenator.

Date of visit: October 2013
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Went here for a few drinks decided to stay for lunch on a Saturday. Was told table will be needed for an irish band session by 2.30pm ok it was just after 12 plenty of time. Ordered one drink then ordered food a chicken Caesar salad and crumbed scallops. Was not told there would be a wait as a function upstairs but was told about band. Had another drink asked about food 40 minutes after ordering waited oh 50 minutes in total no one else was eating where we were but others had ordered after us. Once we got our meals everyone got their meals. Scallops were nice good size serving for the price. The salad had hardly any dressing was a boiled egg not poaches hardly any cheese and the dry chicken tenders needed water to get them down. All in all very poor service and a tasteless salad.

Date of visit: October 2013
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We ordered food on a Sunday evening, after the music finished. Not sure what the idea was with where we were supposed to sit/waiter find us with food after we ordered off totally uncaring barstaff, Food was prompt- fab pizza for kids, great looking pork belly for hubby and a very very average paella for me. It was all served on cold plates, so we had to shovel it into us to stop it getting cold before we finished. Pork portion size ok, veggies etc. not enough. There was some sort of pesto/herb oil on my paella, and not much of a hint of flavour to be honest. would return, but ask for hot plates next time. Great atmosphere in bar area, seated restaurant area downstairs is personality free. Good pints

Date of visit: September 2013
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

It's great that they make their own schnitzels for their Parma's which my brother loved on our visit here. But the lamb rump I had was just ok. Far too much speck in the dish and not enough vegetables. And I hate that it was served to me in a cold frying pan that turned my dish cold. Effective look, but not for a pub.
Obviously this place has a creative chef which I love and if I visit again I'll try something different. The bar staff didn't seem interested in taking food orders or serving to the table, which doesn't compliment the chef. If he or she gets to read this, get another job, I think your wasted here. Maybe that was the problem - they are bar staff.
The lay out could also be improved.

Date of visit: September 2013