“Great atmosphere. Good staff. Beers aplenty.”

New Sydney Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 602 Restaurants in Hobart
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Brisbane
“Great atmosphere. Good staff. Beers aplenty.”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Just wanted to add my voice to the really positive reviews that this hotel/restaurant is receiving. We have just arrived back from three weeks in Tas and our night at the NSH was great. The staff the night we were there were, in the main, UTAS students. Friendly, intelligent, engaging and quite knowledgeable about the many beers on tap.
The meals we had were very good. A step above standard pub food.
And ... No pokies. No TV's. Don't you love it!

• Visited June 2013

Sydney, Australia
“Atmosphere plus”
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

It was so nice to walk into a pub without poker machines and TV screens with Keno and sport. All you can here is happy banter and great back ground music. The food was so good and plenty of it. Try the mulled cider it is unbelievable, and my husband assured me the beer is great too. The log fire is so welcoming, especially when its so cold out side...you won't want to leave. The staff are friendly and happy to be there, a nice change. I am sorry I didn't get to hear the band that plays there, I am sure it would have gone off :-) . Do yourself a favour and go and have a drink and a meal there you won't be sorry.

Brisbane, Australia
“Open fireplace, friendly people, hearty food.”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I am so glad I walked through the rain to Bathurst Street to go to The New Sydney. The open fireplace was roaring and the place was crowded - but so cosy. I ate my dinner at the bar, but there are plenty of tables upstairs and downstairs if you prefer. Just a note, some meals are very very large (eg, fish and chips came with FIVE pieces of fish) so if you're not that hungry, maybe just ask the friendly staff what they recommend.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank HelgaBrot
Palmwoods, Australia
“Great pub”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We didn't eat here but came for a drink and the roaring fire. It has a great atmosphere and really does live up to its claim 'the best little pub in town'. The mulled cider was delicious and there was a great mix of locals and some tourists like us. They have live music some nights but unfortunately it wasn't on when we were there, but I reckon the place would go off.

We'll be back next time in Hobart.

• Visited June 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“top price poor quality meals”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

meet some friends for dinner there, 5 meals only 1 meal was good (fish), 3 had steak and was worst steak ever served up, full of fat with soggy vegies not very appealing to any of us.
for good money paid, never go back there for feed again. good for drinks but thats it.

• Visited May 2013