“So well presented! A real art!”
Review of Restaurant Tasman

Restaurant Tasman
Ranked #67 of 648 Restaurants in Hobart
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian, International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 9, 2012

This restaurant is on the ground floor of the HotelGrand Chancellor and I wouldn't normally eat in the hotel when there are so many nice restarants nearby but it was cold out and we were hungry!

The service was absolutely excellent with very friendly knowledgeable watresses!

We were told that the chef had just come form an art gallery and it showed in the beautiful presentation! The scallop entree and ice cream sorbet was just so attractive but unfortunately, I didn't have my camera there to take photos! Thoroughly recommend this restaurant!

1  Thank RayC888

Reviewed March 28, 2012

Attended the recent Observatory Hill wine dinner where a five course degustation menu was on offer along with matching wines. The food and the wine was absolutely to die for and the service top class. One would not normally expect to find a restaurant of this quality in a hotel. My friends and I will certainly be returning to have this experience again. Well done!

1  Thank Sharon M
Reviewed March 1, 2012

My wife and I have been meaning to go to the Restaurant Tasman for a while now, but kept putting it off as we thought it was too fancy for a casual dinner.
Well, a few Friday nights ago, we finally bit the bullet and decided to check it out. It turns out that it was more laid back and casual than we thought!
The staff were really friendly, especially Ellie who greeted us and made us feel really welcome. The service was spot on, being very attentive but not too attentive that it was obtrusive.
Now, the food. All i can say is WOW. When you go, you simply must try the Crayfish Cannnelloni. I've never had a nicer entree in all my travels. Next up was the eye fillet. Now that was one of the juiciest, most tender pieces of steak i've had in quite a while. I think the waitress said the steak was Tasmanian grain-fed aged beef. Can't go wrong.
There are simply too many high points of this restaurant to list. All i can say is no matter if it's a special occasion or a casual family night out, you must check out the Restaurant Tasman. Like my wife and I, you will be surprisingly impressed without breaking the bank.

You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed January 31, 2012

Food was excellent and service same. Could not fault food. Would definitely eat here again.

Reviewed November 1, 2011

This restaurant has a lovely setting and if you prefer less noisy environments, this is perfect as the large space and carpet really create a level of privacy and calm in dining. The service was friendly and well informed. The menu while at the upper end of pricing and perhaps conservative in taste, had something for everyone. For a first course, two of our party chose taste plates (the land and the sea) which were very good and beautifully presented. The others chose quail. They were very impressed. Mains chosen included beetroot risotto - yum! - and the duck and pork combination which was very well received. The wine list is comprehensive and Tasmanian wines are well placed. A small quibble would be the very low lighting plus a dying candle which made the later stages of the meal rather a dark experience. A very pleasant experience overall.

2  Thank helsaAustralia