“Delicous food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Solo Pasta and Pizza

Solo Pasta and Pizza
Ranked #3 of 591 Restaurants in Hobart
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Gosford, Australia
“Delicous food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

Imagine walking into a restaurant and be greeted by your name, wow, couldn't believe it, how nice was that but then the owner Simon sat with us and explained the menu and recommended what to eat and we were not disappointed. Fabulous food, fresh fresh fresh, beautifully presented, what else can you say, desert was tiramisu , omg, to die for. All I can say do yourself a favour as you will see what I mean, service second to none as was the food.

Thank you Solo we need you at the Central Coast

• Visited June 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Echuca
“Solo: in a class of its own”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

It's not often a restaurant can get everything wrong and still have you walking out vowing to return and rating it as one of your best restaurant eating experience: but that's what happened to us tonight.
My wife and I are in Hobart to visit a newly arrived grandchild. As always I got on TripAdvisor to find out if any new coffee shops or restaurants had opened since our last visit over a year ago. I kept running across rave reviews for Solo Pizza and Pasta and then found out it was only a block away from the B&B we were staying at.
Everyone commented on the need to make a reservation so I made a point of walking past about 4pm, seeing the door was open and walking in asking if I could reserve for two later that night. Simon could not have been more helpful and asked if we could be out by 7:15 to which I readily agreed. Rather than a set time it was simply agreed that somewhere 5:30ish or later would be fine.
Turns out we arrived just before 6:00pm and the place was absolutely humming! Drinks orders and food orders were taken and it wasn't long before the drinks arrived. Every one was wrong! Wrong cider; wrong beer. Seconds later our waiter returned, took one look at the beer and said, "That's not right!". We heartily agreed pointing out the error with the cider as well. In the blink of an eye he was back with the right beer but still the wrong cider. Now things are starting to get interesting.
The cider was an Apple & Ginger combo which my wife tasted (she did order the Pear Cider) and loved so much we agree amongst ourselves not to worry about it. Much to my astonishment, Simon (who had originally took my booking but did not even see us come in) came over and referred to my wife by her name (!), took one look at the proliferation of drinks and asked if a mistake had been made. Everything was done so damn well handled we happily said it had been a total cockup but all was fine anyhow. I even went so far as to say I'd donate my first (incorrect) beer to him at which point he picked it up and drank the whole thing, then told my wife she could have both ciders but would only be charged for the one. Our estimation of the place just kept going up.
We had both ordered the roasted pork ribs with pecorino salad because it had been a very long time since we'd experienced pork ribs. When the orders arrived the food was SENSATIONAL! During our dribbling and slobberingly good experience of fanging into the ribs, Simon retuned again to check on things and chided my wife for being slow to get through the two ciders; then returned again with wet cloths for us to wipe the sauce from our fingers, our chins, various parts of our faces, etc.
This is the sort of staff that restaurant owners should kill for. Even the one who arrived at the table with a portable credit card machine engaged us in pleasant chat while taking the payment.
Great night; great experience only made better by the mistakes and how they were handled.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank PatTheCoffeeFiend
Hobart, Australia
“Always great food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

The new version of Solo is bigger and better than ever. The food and service are still great, highly recommended

1 Thank HeatherTaz2013
Hobart, Australia
“Best pizza in hobart”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

I'm a staunch foodie and the service and food at solo can never be faulted. Just be warned book ahead even with their nice new place that has more seating it goes quick. But you can always take away and sit in one of the nearby parks or by the water front a 5 min walk away (I recommend only doing this is summer mind you!!)

Sydney, Australia
“Another great meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

We went with some friends during our recent visit to Hobart and were really impressed by the renovations. Although it had been more than six months since we had been, Simon actually remembered us and made us feel so welcome. Food was as great as we had remembered and we rate this as the best restaurant in Hobart let alone Sandy Bay

Visited May 2014