Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
Review Highlights
We saw a platypus in the wild and fed numerous animals including a devil!

Deeply grateful to Rob for his knowledge, skill and flexibility in arranging 3 perfect days for a... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
seepenguins
amazing private tour!

We had a great day with Rob on a customized private tour leaving from Hobart! Rob was an incredibly... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Z8227PRmorgans
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Hobart
from $19.14
from $17.99
from $164.72
from $82.73
More Info
All reviews cradle mountain day tour recommend rob safe driver port arthur private tour amazing trails wild animals feed kangaroos wineglass bay dove lake memorable trip personal tour coles bay knowledgeable guide freycinet national park the east coast
Selected filters
Reviewed December 23, 2019

We are 3 couples of good friends from Singapore who have recently returned from cruising Tasmania. We booked our private land tours of Hobart and Port Arthur through Tasmania-i-drive. Booking was done easily through its website and we were given clear instructions on how to meet up with our tour guide on the appointed days of the tour.
Our tour guide was Rob Cooper who provided very good service which made our tour of Tasmania a very memorable one. He fulfilled all our requests to visit various scenic areas and places of interest in Hobart and Port Arthur and provided good information about these places. We would certainly recommend him to anyone who are intending to visit Tasmania and need a good tour guide.

Date of experience: December 2019
Rob C, Owner at Tasmania I Drive, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2019

Thank you for your review of Tasmania I Drive. As a small privately owned business your recommendation certainly helps to promote our ability to meet the demands of Tasmania's growing number of Cruise Ship visitations.

Reviewed December 6, 2019

Having Rob as our personal tour guide around Tassie was a great choice. He not only accomodated to our requests and proposed a well-rounded itinerary, he was also genuinely very helpful and friendly throughout our time together. Rob was also very knowledgeable about the origins and current affairs of Tasmania, and also generously shared about his own personal experiences and memories growing up in Tassie. Would recommend if you are looking for a personalized tour and would like to travel in comfort in his spacious vehicle that fits all 6 of us + luggages (and bags of chips). Thanks Rob!

Date of experience: December 2019
Rob C, Owner at Tasmania I Drive, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2019

I really am passionate about my home State of Tassie. Having grown up here as a 5th generation Tasmanian I am happy sharing memories of my life which I believe adds something to the tour. I have not had so many packets of potato chips as part of the luggage before. I am pleased they survived the journey!

Reviewed December 6, 2019

We had the joy of having Rob help to partially customise a private tour for our group of 6. He had planned in great sightseeing locations for my group to enjoy, and also was able to adapt to finding alternative locations on the spot during unforeseen circumstances. We were able to visit several attractions and the pace of the entire trip was well paced. Vehicle was new and spacious enough for us to fit 6 luggages and 6 passengers comfortably. Rob was also knowledgable about general knowledge of Tasmania and was always willing to share and answer our questions.

Recommended if you need a skillful and knowledgable personal guide and driver in Tasmania!

Date of experience: December 2019
Rob C, Owner at Tasmania I Drive, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2019

I am very pleased to have had the opportunity of sharing some of my home State's natural beauty with your group. Having to make suitable alternative arrangements when a booked activity is not available is part of being a tour guide but it is nice to know that this skill is appreciated.

Reviewed November 18, 2019

We booked the Hobart and Surrounds day tour. Rob picked us up at the cruise terminal and off we went to Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary. Having a private driver meant we got there before the cruise bus, which was a big plus, as this gave us lots of time to feed the kangaroos, pet a wombat and watch a Tasmanian Devil get fed. Then Rob took us to the historic town of Richmond and a very interesting tour of the jail. Rob's Great-Great-grandparents came to Tasmania as convicts and he shared his family history with us, which really personalized the experience. We had a yummy lunch of savoury pies at a local bakery, then strolled the main street shops a bit. We found a Hobart Minitature Museum that Rob had never been in before, and since we were interested, in we went. The flexibility of having a personal tour is the best! Then we drove way up to the top of Mt Wellington where the views were incredible. We even spotted a wild echidna on the way down - they're so cute! Last on our tour was a visit to Battery Park, then back to the ship, right on time. We had a wonderful day and would highly recommend Tasmania I Drive!

Date of experience: November 2019
Rob C, Owner at Tasmania I Drive, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2019

I also enjoyed our day out together. The beauty of conducting private tours is that I am able to refine the touring experience as the day unfolds. I thought we got it just right on the day and I am glad you agree.

Reviewed November 14, 2019

Rob was a great host and tour director. Our objective was to see as much of Tasmania as we possibly could do in four days....and Rob nailed it. He knows Tasmania and his affection for the country is obvious. We built a custom itinerary that started in Hobart and ended in Launceston. In between these cities we toured Port Arthur, Coles Bay, Cape Tourville, Cradle Mountain.....and much more.

We appreciated Rob's knowledge, safe driving, time management skills and wonderful sense of humor. Rob was a difference-maker in making our Tasmania experience great.

Date of experience: October 2019
Rob C, Owner at Tasmania I Drive, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2019

Thank you so much for your kind words. It means a lot to me that the effort I put in is really appreciated. I also thoroughly enjoyed showing your group my home State!