“Limited Lunchtime Menu”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 30, 2013

First visit to Squires with the 'new' menu, for a lunchtime catchup. We were a bit surprised how small and limited the menu was, but all the meals were large and well cooked, as they should be for the price, which is up there. I had the salmon which was very nice, but came with a very unusual combo of 2 types of olives, artichokes, beans and capsicum. We had a little one with us and her meal was BIG and looked as good as ours, which isn't always the case when ordering from the kids menu. It was very quite, which was perfect for our group to catch up, and the service was good. Overall good, but didn't wow me.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Return visit to what has been in the past a nice place to eat. Unfortunately on our latest visit the food was terrible. The salt and pepper calamari was overcooked and had no salt and pepper. The beef burger at $28 was way too expensive. On the menu it did not include Mayo but it came out soaked in the stuff to the point the bottom bun was falling apart. Luckily didn't order it for my son who has a mild reaction to egg. (Mayo is an ingredient and should be listed!!). Finally my wife's glass was clearly dirty as it still had someone else's lipstick around the edge. Won't return to Squire's for sometime if ever.

2  Thank TassieCasualDiner
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We've had several very good experiences at Squires, so chose this for a small celebration as we thought it would meet everyone's situation both on the dietary and budget levels. The food and service let us down on this occasion. There were about 4 burgers on order, which at $28 each were way too expensive. The comment all round was that the burgers were smothered in too much mustard and that would have been better served on the side, as it was overpowering. The salmon dish was overcooked and the pasta dish cold. Lamb was the standout dish, but compared to the others, it was small. Average service and overall disappointing, based on our previous experiences. We will give it another go in the hope that it improves back to it's previous standard.

1  Thank JanaLot
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Booked a week in advance and got a fairly good table not too crowded but we where in the middle of the thru way. The night for a friday 7pm was pretty quiet. Food orders wher really quick and I had the Salmon and spicy chickpeas. I asked for not too spicey and thats what I got. 8 meals ordered and a variety from the specials and normal Menu. I like that there is not pages and pages of things to choose from otherwise it gets too hard. All meals arrived together where hot and everyone enjoyed. I looked the flavours of the spices with the Chickpeas, a great combination with the Salmon. The Burger looked really good also but the comment was made that it had too much mustard, maybe serve a pot of mustard with the meal and each can add their own amount. All in all very good meal.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Great food. Very congenial. Loaded beer prices that made my eyes sting - but the whole bundle was worth it and in fact I have booked again for a group of friends for tomorrow night.