“Excellent Experience”

Book In Advance
More Info
$108.93*
and up
Tasmania Super Saver: Hobart Sightseeing Coach...
Ranked #3 of 7 Transportation in Hobart
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Gray Line Tasmania is a long established Tasmanian owned premium sightseeing company. Gray Line offers the largest and most comprehensive range of premium sightseeing tours in Hobart and Launceston.
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We traveled to Port Arthur with Gray Line and found it to be a wonderful experience. Our friendly coach driver (Graham) picked us up on time in his beautiful modern and clean coach. Around the city we picked up a few more passengers before heading to Port Arthur. Our drivers commentary was fantastic, interesting, funny at times and in all enjoyable. Once arriving at Port Arthur everything was well oranised for our group. Our driver collected the ticket and gave us an orientation of the historic site. The organised walking tour at Port Arthur was excellent and very informative followed by a short harbour cruise. We also had enough time to explore the historic site in our own time. Port Arthur historic site is an amazing and beautiful place to see. By the end of the day we were safely returned to our hotel in the comfort of the Gray Line coach. I'd highly recommend this stress free, relaxing and enjoyable way to see Port Arthur. Thank you Gray Line.

Kelly D, Manager at Gray Line Tasmania Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Dear Andrew

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your tour to Port Arthur Historic site with Gray Line! Thank you for your excellent feedback.

We will pass your compliments onto your coach captain Graham. We are sure he will be very pleased to receive your compliment.

We hope to see you on another Gray Line tour again soon.

Kind regards Kelly

"botanical gardens"
in 12 reviews
"bonorong wildlife sanctuary"
in 7 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 7 reviews
"lavender farm"
"points of interest"
"convict settlement"

Reviewed January 13, 2013

10 year anniversary disaster courtesy of Gray Line! The driver of the couch failed to pick up my wife and I from our designated pick up point in Launceston. The Gray Line helpline is in Melbourne and no representative in Tasmania could be contacted, the driver was MIA, no apology or information on expected timeframe from Gray Line. We waited an hour and phoned them to cancel the trip and for a refund (which we have not yet recieved!). Everything in Tasmania was awesome exept for this experience which put a dampner on the holiday. We have never used Gray Line Tours before and never will again!

2  Thank Amber T

Dear Amber

Thank you for your review even though it is very disappointing to read. I understand Leah in the customer service team has been liaising with you via email as well.

We look forward to resolving this for you in a satisfactory manner.

Kind regards Kelly

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Having done a few similar type tours around the world I was really looking forward to this tour. I tend to do them on my first day to get my bearings and then tend to go out and explore from there. Also a good way to see a city in the pouring rain without getting too drenched as was the case when we visited. In November this tour only runs once a day :( although apparently from Jan 1 to April 30 it runs twice a day. Unfortunately I arrived in Hobart just too late to take the morning tour and ended up doing a different larger bus tour but decided as this tour covered more sites, a smaller group (and vehicle so could go places a large bus couldn't) and usually more commentary, that I'd do it the next day anyway. Have to say I was disappointed in the guide. Due to popularity of the visitor centre, by the time I'd bought my ticket and arrived there were very few seats left and the only one near a window (which I wanted for taking photos) was right at the very back. I was easily the youngest person on the tram but have to say I was struggling to hear the older guide as we toured the city so after checking with a few other patrons who also were battling to hear I made my way to the front and very politely asked if the volume of the speakers could be turned up. I was told (over the loud speaker in a disapproving tone) that that was as high as the volume would go. For a short while he spoke up which improved the details we were able to glean but considering we'd paid to hear this information it was disappointing as I feel like those of us at the back missed the majority of what he was saying. I spoke to others who had done this tour (before I booked it) and they highly recommended it, so not sure if they had a different guide or had a better seat on the bus!

2  Thank chucklingstarfish
Kelly D, Manager at Gray Line Tasmania Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Thank you for your feedback! The Gray Line City Tour is a great way to learn about a new city and joining a tour on an explorer tram is an even better experience. We are very sorry to hear that there were problems with the volume and you struggled to hear. We have taken your feedback into consideration and will review our audio system to try and get to the bottom of it so future customers do not have the same experience as you. Thank you once again.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Worth the drive down the Huon river to this forest enclave. Ensure you also do the walk to the swing bridges. We were the only ones to do this that we saw and certainly worth the extra walk. Getting to the Airwalk is an uphill stair climb (10 min brisk walk), but it appears they can drive elderly/ disabled in a golf buggy to the start of the airwalk. Swing bridges are not disabled friendly (they do swing and very thin). Highly recommended day trip out of hobart. Recommend you also eat in the visitors centre. Great fresh food - loved the pie!!!! Very quiet the day we were there which added to the experience. From the airwalk platform you see the joining of 2 rivers, however the further swing bridge walk actually takes you up to the joining of the 2 rivers and you peer back down to the airwalk. They recommend you take 50 mins for the airwalk (we did it in 30) and 1 hour for the swingbridge walk (we did it in a 75 mins - more casual and rest stop). There are seats on both walks to rest those weary legs.

Kelly D, Manager at Gray Line Tasmania Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Glad to hear you had such an enjoyable day in a fabulous part of Australia. The Huon Valley is one of our favorite tours too!

See more reviews
Reviewed September 26, 2012

The highlight of our recent Tasmania holiday would have to have been the `spur of the moment` Huon Valley Bus tour. The whole day was spectacular, we were able to sit back and see all the beautiful sights, which does not happen if one has to drive.Stops were made on the way there and back to get out and have a look around. Upon arriving at Hartz National Park, there was plenty of time for a couple of the `walks` including the amazing Tahune airwalk. Lunch (which is provided) were individual packs of scrumptious gourmet sandwiches and two cakes. Absolute treat!
Our Driver / Host was Graham, whose kindness and informative banter along the way made sure everyone enjoyed the trip - and they did. Must do this !
Lisa & Dean
BALNARRING. VIC

1  Thank Uptonia
GrayLineAus, Assistant to Sales & Marketing Manager at Gray Line Tasmania Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Hi Uptonia,

Thank you for your terrific feedback in regards to your trip on our Huon Valley Tour. I must admit that's probably one of our most favourite tours too! I've passed on your feedback to Graham who will be ecstatic. We're delighted you enjoyed your tour and look forward to welcoming you and those you know on more of our tours around Australia in the future.

Kind regards,