“So nice, we went there twice”
Review of Dome

Dome
Ranked #421 of 627 Restaurants in Hobart
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Dome is a bit 'Starbucks-y', but they did a great feed, it was warm, the seats were VERY comfy, the coffee was good and the staff were nice. 'Nuff said!

Reviewed August 5, 2014

We recently used a TasDeals voucher for lunch which included a glass of wine or beer. We asked if we could have hot chocolates instead, and were a little off put when she asked if we wanted a large it would be an extra $1. The wine and beer would have cost way more than two large hot chocolates.

But the meal was great value, quite large, a little hard to eat because the bun was so large, the staff were friendly and said goodbye as we left.

Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Recently in Hobart for weekend had lunch with my parents. We had pumpkin soup, chicken vegetable soup, eggs on toast and prawns. Everything was delicious. Friendly staff. Sat in the comfy chairs near the window. Would eat there again

Reviewed July 9, 2014

I have been frequenting Dome cafe Hobart for the last week whilst on holiday and I must say I'm extremely glad that I discovered this gem of a place! The food is very well priced, the coffee was delicious and hot and the staff are all so friendly, efficient and knowledgable of the area! If anyone is looking for a great, comfortable and welcoming place to dine then Dome is the place to go!!! Loved it!! :-)

Reviewed June 24, 2014

My wife and I attended Dome last month after avoiding it for a year due to poor customer service; and 12 months on absolutely nothing has changed. Our drink order was wrong, when our meals arrived the waiter dropped the top of the sandwich on the floor. Now that's not so much the complaint anymore. When we sent feedback to the Dome site, I received a much delayed response from the Assistant Manager. This lengthy response included the fact that the Assistant Manager had allegedly reviewed the CCTV and that the sandwich had only fallen on the table; hence he was intimating that my wife and I were liars.

When I asked to review the alleged footage; after waiting two weeks for a response and having to send a further request, I was told that it was not company policy and he doubted that the footage would still exist. He then claimed that we were given coffee cards as compensation; no such cards were provided.

As a closing comment, the customer toilets are the most disgusting that I have ever encountered. And I am sure that they may likely be in violation of health standards and safety (they have rigged their own verison of a sensor tap).

Give it a big miss, visit Gloria Jeans instead.