“Enjoyable and interesting”
Review of Garagistes - CLOSED

Garagistes
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Website is under construction. Luke Burgess is chef. e-mail is info@garagistes.com.au
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Was able to get a table @ 6 pm on Thursday night. Enjoyed the 5 course menu, with seafood a feature.
Interesting selection of imported wines.
Would visit again, although no booking policy makes planning a visit from interstate a bit of a pain

Reviewed August 10, 2013

We attended garagiste on a sat night, showed up at 6.15, got seated at 8.40. I don't mind the wait, however we finished the 5 course set menu at 11.15, this 5 hour experience was a touch too long for me on a sat night. The food was innovative and interesting, but a couple of the dishes were hit and miss. Also does anyone else think a 3 or 5 course set menu a little lazy? What if you don't like sea urchin? Too bad. Chairs not very comfortable, group seating is fine, some interesting beers available but I'd like to see a better array of Tasmanian wines. Serving sizes are satisfactory. Value for money? Not really. Worth going once so you can form your own opinion? Maybe, just.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

I agree with some of the reviews about lack of local wines and the shared tables. Overall, I really enjoyed my experience here. We went on a Wednesday evening so it wasn't busy, tried the the 5 course meal and I loved it each dish for its clever take on some standard dishes. My partner thought some of the dishes were a bit rich but I thoroughly enjoyed each one. It was an expensive meal but a real treat and an excellent way to finish a great trip to Hobart.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

We enjoyed our dining experience at Garagistes but found ourselves having to ask the wait staff about at least two ingredients per course. It was great to see them using such unique local and exotic flavours, but in some cases the dishes were a little too "out there". Overall though we left full and happy.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Magnificent food. Wine list is extensive, with glasses in tasting & normal sizes. Looking forward to returning.

1  Thank Mark H