“Fantastic surprise!”

Boat House Restaurant Cornelian Bay
Ranked #55 of 642 Restaurants in Hobart
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Right on the beach at Cornelian Bay, the Boat House occupies one of the most beautiful settings in Hobart, 5 km north of the CBD. Fabulous water views with the Tasman bridge as a backdrop, the Boat House is the perfect location for family outings to the and park, long lavish lunches, a romantic candle lit dinner for two, or any special occasion, also holding functions of up to 150 people. Recent owner since November 2013, John Demir, has 20 years experience in the restaurant industry as a chef. Now he has taken on role of front of house position as host. The contemporary Australian menu changes seasonally to encompass the freshest Tasmanian produce available.
Reviewed October 24, 2013

A great venue only 10 minutes by car from Hobart. Monday to Friday do a great menu where 3 tasting plates are $38. Great value and everything delicious. A good wine list at very reasonable prices.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

After seeing online the Boathouse's change of menu (they change this seasonally to showcase the best produce Tassie has to offer) my group of friends and I headed back to Cornelian bay and had, yet again, another fabulous evening.
Choosing Monday night to capitalise on the amazing deal that is "Mini Monday" we each had our selection of three meals along with delicious side dishes and perfectly complimentary wines suggested by our friendly waitress. We tried out whites from Josef Chromy and Pooley Wines (both Tasmanian vineyards).
I had the calamari followed by the duck and steak. All were excellent, especially the duck. My only regret being that I didn't order the pork dish and subsequently had major food envy of all those who did.
Have a look at their website for a full menu as I could attempt to describe the beautiful combinations of ingredients and flavours but fear I won't do the dishes justice.
I recommend the Boathouse to all as it seems unfair to keep this fantastic restaurant (who's food can only be upstaged by the spectacular riverside views) to myself.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

When we travel, we've come to rely on tripadvisor for our decision making. Thanks to all who pointed us to the Boat House!

Though it's not in Hobart town, it's less than a 10 minute drive to Cornelian Bay - and it provides a beautiful, alternative view to the Tasman Bridge. We timed our visit perfectly to see the vista move from day to night.

We chanced upon "Mini Monday" and were offered a selection of any 3 dishes off the menu for $38.00. Between us, we sampled 6 fantastic plates and can highly recommend the chowder, pork and duck. "Fabby Fridays" offer the same choice!

The service was exceptional. Our lady (from the Netherlands) knew her menu and wines and provided warm and attentive service.

This was, without a doubt, our best dining experience in Hobart. Don't miss it.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Went because the reviews on this restaurant were good. The food was dreadful letting down the great table service. The cape grim beef for entree was grim as it was cremated and I ended up leaving most of it. The entree of calamari was fried and had a partial coating which tasted floury and fatty. The main of roast chicken was covered in a burnt tasting star anaise sause which was awful. I didn't stay for dessert. The kitchen staff need to taste their product here.

1  Thank Luv2eeet
Leah G, Owner at Boat House Restaurant Cornelian Bay, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Thank you for your review.
I was sorry to see that you decided to share your experiences on Trip Advisor. We did offer you an alternative sauce for your chicken or to cook something else as a replacement.
I have discussed your comments with our kitchen team, thank you for bringing these points to our attention.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

My husband and I spent our last day in Tassie at Cornelian Bay. We did a one hour stroll around the bay and then had a fantastic lunch at the Boat House Restaurant. The restaurant is situated right on the waterfront with views of the Tasman Bridge. The service is brilliant and the food was the best we had experienced during our three week stay in Tasmania.

1  Thank marilyn N