“What more do you want?”

Boat House Restaurant Cornelian Bay
Ranked #55 of 640 Restaurants in Hobart
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Right on the beach at Cornelian Bay, the Boat House occupies one of the most beautiful settings in Hobart, 5 km north of the CBD. Fabulous water views with the Tasman bridge as a backdrop, the Boat House is the perfect location for family outings to the and park, long lavish lunches, a romantic candle lit dinner for two, or any special occasion, also holding functions of up to 150 people. Recent owner since November 2013, John Demir, has 20 years experience in the restaurant industry as a chef. Now he has taken on role of front of house position as host. The contemporary Australian menu changes seasonally to encompass the freshest Tasmanian produce available.
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Went to the duck dinner, its an annual event they host. So everyone was fed the same menu. 5 equisite duck recipes wonderful!!! thank you

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Located right on the beach at beautiful little Cornelian Bay (only a few minutes from Hobart) is the fabulous Boat House restaurant. I discovered it when we first moved to Hobart just 6 months ago and I can't stop looking for excuses to return. We had family visiting from Victoria on the weekend so we went back for lunch on Sunday. We were seated by the fire, had a wonderful lunch, the food, wine and service here really is amazing. We spent the whole wet afternoon enjoying the view continuously changing with the weather.

1  Thank LeeandAndyTaroona
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Back again! And the Boat House was as good as ever.
My third visit in the past month and every time perfect. This time I dropped in for their Friday night Oyster feast. Beautiful fresh winter oysters from Bruny Island for only $1 each. It's like a dream come true. Also a good selection of local and imported ciders to match.
Returning in 2 weeks for their famous Mini Monday; can't wait.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

I have dined with the boathouse countless times. The service, food and value are second to none. Their seafood chowder is to die for on a cold winters day, I am always reluctant to order it when I join them for a meal as there are too many other treats to sample. A well cellared and thought out wine list compliments an absolutely amazing view. If you are in their neck of the woods you would be remiss not to join them. I myself can not wait for my next meal with them.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

After three fabulous meals in two weeks I thought I should share my experience! As a long time resident of the area, we've always been a fan of the Boathouse - but sometimes going out for meals goes off the radar and you forget...
In the last two weeks I've eaten there 3 times - in a group of 7 (including 50 and overs plus teenagers) for Mini Monday dinner; with a friend for dinner; and on my own for lunch (had a bad day and decided to 'time out' from work!) The pleasure of all three visits shows how good the Boathouse is in meeting lots of needs. Mini Monday (over the colder months) is a real treat and excellent value - any three courses for $38. - meals slightly smaller than their usual but we didn't even notice (make sure you book). Dinner - the usual sensational meal looking out over the bay and lights of the Tasman Bridge (order a good wine trying to decide what to eat!) Eating on your own in a restaurant can sometimes be tricky - not here. Returned to work refreshed and revitalised after quality 'think time', space and food. All this a few minutes from the city.

Leah G, Owner at Boat House Restaurant Cornelian Bay, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Hello Montie,
Wow what a fantastic review. I have printed this one and pinned it on our staff notice board. A review like this is so great for staff moral. We are all very proud of what we have created at the Boat House and when we receive comments like this it makes all our hard work worthwhile.
Thank you. Leah and Dave