“Warm and Wonderful”

Boat House Restaurant Cornelian Bay
Ranked #57 of 595 Restaurants in Hobart
Cuisines: Australian, Contemporary
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Right on the beach at Cornelian Bay, the Boat House occupies one of the most beautiful settings in Hobart, 5 km north of the CBD. Fabulous water views with the Tasman bridge as a backdrop, the Boat House is the perfect location for family outings to the and park, long lavish lunches, a romantic candle lit dinner for two, or any special occasion, also holding functions of up to 150 people. Recent owner since November 2013, John Demir, has 20 years experience in the restaurant industry as a chef. Now he has taken on role of front of house position as host. The contemporary Australian menu changes seasonally to encompass the freshest Tasmanian produce available.
Hobart, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Warm and Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

I returned to the Boat House after spending 4 years away from Hobart and was happy to see that nothing has changed. We was met with a friendly smile and made to feel welcome. We were a group of four and sat at a round table on the upper level overlooking the magnificent view of gorgeous Cornelian Bay and the Tasman Bridge. We all really enjoyed our meals. We started with the sharing plate then I had the Blue Eye Trevalla which was perfectly cooked. The others had Steak, Chicken and Lamb and everyone was raving about their meals. We shared two desserts between the four of us, the lemon delicious with lemon curd and limoncello cream was delicious and I was very excited to see that their famous Turkish delight sundae with pomegranate caramel was still on the menu and was as wonderful as I remembered. We finished the night sitting by the fire with a night cap. Just Perfect.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Theothehobartgreek

“Exceptional value - consistently!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Having become a regular visitor to the recently extended Boathouse kiosk this year, I was inspired to spend an evening with friends at the restaurant. At the kiosk, you are presented with an array of meals, drinks and snacks for the whole family, with value for money included - I've never left underfed or unsatisfied! I was delighted to discover that the Boathouse restaurant did not disappoint my expectations, but exceeded them! Friendly service, exquisite food and a stunning view to top it off, it has become my favourite restaurant in Hobart. My first main meal of chicken with sweet potato and cous cous was beautifully cooked and presented, and we were all spoiled with desert of Turkish delight sundaes.
I've brought family back since and have had the same great experience - definitely a top choice for a great night out in Tasmania.

Hobart
“An excellent experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

I will definitely be returning to the Boathouse after my wonderful dining experience there last month. It was such a difficult decision trying to choose what to eat- all of the meals sounded delicious! I managed 3 courses, and if my stomach had allowed me, I would have eaten more! I thoroughly enjoyed the trout entree, and when I dine there again, I will definitely be trying their seafood chowder, after hearing great reviews!
I was pleased with the friendly and professional service I received, and the view of the river is magnificent. I highly recommend this restaurant, and look forward to dining here in the near future!

Hobart, Australia
“Perfect location for a special occasion lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

We had a family lunch with elderly fussy eaters and it was perfect. Professional service, portions were generous and food was hot and very tasty. We all had dessert despite being full from the main course! Great tea too, properly brewed in boiling water with leaves rather than a tea bag in tepid water. Thorougly enjoyable experience.

Visited April 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Nice view that's all”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

Nice view, small cosy restaurant, we expected a good food. Of course while you are in Tasmania you want some fresh fish, and you expect perfect dish.
It's was a special Monday (public holiday) menu with 3 options for entry, main and desert.
We both ordered pan fried fish for main and calamari salad for entry. portions was really small and it's was a dinner time, after long drive we were very hungry.. Fish was very rubbery, no salt, no flavour at all. Calamari had same problem, overlooked and no salt.
For desert my husband ordered chocolate cake with Tahula liqueur, cake was not bad, but coffee flavour ruined the chocolate taste. I have ordered Turkish delight ice cream with sugar floss , probably can give it 7 out 10. It's was the best from the whole menu. We we still hungry and disappointed.

1 Thank Alesia K
Leah G, Owner at Boat House Restaurant Cornelian Bay, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent dining experience. I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy your meal. I have brought our chef's attention to the comment about the fish being overcooked. The Mini Monday is offered every Monday night which is any three dishes from the menu all served in a small size for only $38.00 per person (ie less than $13 per menu course). We usually recommend extra side dishes to those wanting a more substantial meal or you can have the 3 mini Monday savoury courses then add a dessert which would bring the price to only $50 per person which is exceptional value for 4 courses. Thank you again for your feedback.