“Not to be missed!”

Eye See Personalised Private Tours
Ranked #3 of 86 Tours in Hobart
More attraction details
Owner description: I offer premium, sustainable, tailor-made tours to Tasmania, catering to the most discerning of guests. My tours are individualised, top quality, friendly and professional, down to the smallest detail. Unforgettable memories are created whilst experiencing the highlights, wonders and things to do in Tasmania.There may be cheaper ways to experience Tasmania, but may not offer the professional, personalised involvement. "See Tasmania as a Guest Not Just a Tourist"
West Hartford, Connecticut
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Not to be missed!”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

My husband & I recently spent a delightful ½ day touring Hobart with Judy. The weather was threatening but she managed to get us up to experience the breathtaking views from Mt. Wellington before the rains and low clouds closed off the views. Our tour included a trip to Bonarong Wildlife Preserve and a chance to see Tasmanian devils, pet a koala & feed the kangaroos, several with a joey in pouch – something not to be missed. An unexpected respite of homemade tea cakes and hot tea in a lovely park completed our wonderful day. A truly memorable tour.

Visited November 2013
GowithESPT, Owner at Eye See Personalised Private Tours, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Sometimes is it just possible to get to the top of Mount Wellington before the clouds come in a take the spectacular views away and that is what we managed to do. This is a "must do" for anyone visiting Hobart. The mountain has some of the most incredible views in the State. The animals are always a highlight.

Shanghai, China
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Be ready for a well organized awesome day!”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

About a month before my cruise I panicked when I realized I hadn't booked anything for Hobart. Even though I emailed Judy a month prior...I had NO expectation there would be room for us on our port day- much to my surprise she had a last minute cancellation and could fit us it. It isn't EVER easy to please an 18 year old guy...but Judy managed to do so- she kept him engaged and he had an AWESOME time. Mt. Field was beautiful- amazing trees and waterfalls! She made the best lunch with items from her garden and took special care to see to my vegetarian diet (it helped that she is a veggie too!)...we all had a great time with her cherry pitting tool....her homegrown cherries were super yummy too! Next we went to visit Richmond- it was a nice walk around the town after she drove through and commented on the history. We finished our tour with a much anticipated visit to Mt. Bonorong wildlife sanctuary...she was smart to leave this to the end!!! My son (and the rest of us) had a GREAT time with the animals- she is very knowledgeable and has great relationships with everyone...we followed a big group- but the guide stayed back to make sure we got a personal explanation away from the big group. She even gave my "big" kid a cameo appearance in her newsletter- thanks for making our day in Tasmania one we will NEVER forget Judy! The Shanghai (KY, USA) Blocks: Stephannie, Michael and Kelby

Visited December 2013
GowithESPT, Owner at Eye See Personalised Private Tours, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
It can be interesting sometimes for a teenager to feel comfortable with a group of adults but a little bit of joking around always breaks the ice. Being in a small group also makes things easier.
I always leave the much anticipated cute animals to last as it is a great way to end the day. We also manage to avoid the larger bus groups especially on cruise ship days.
It was a pleasure to feature a "COOL DUDE" in my newsletter.
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“A great day in Hobart”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Judy gave us a great overview of Hobart when we were there for one day on a cruise. Helped by lovely, sunny weather Judy took us up Mount Wellington ( and even had a sweater for me as it was VERY windy), accommodated our last minute request to see MONA, took us to Richmond for a lovely picnic lunch and to The Bonorong Samctuary (I loved feeding the kangaroos!) before getting us back to Hobart in time for Salamanca market. She was friendly, professional and informative. Highly recommended.

Visited December 2013
GowithESPT, Owner at Eye See Personalised Private Tours, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
For the short time we had together we managed to fit a lot in, I am sure the view from Mt Wellington, although a bit cold was worth being uncomfortable for a few minutes, It is truly one of Tasmania's most spectacular views.
I also know it would be very unlikely you would get the chance to feed a Kangaroo in the middle of London,
Orchard Road, Singapore
“Beyond Expectations”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We had planned our free n easy vacation in Tasmania with an itinerary packed with back-to-back activities that spanned across 1 Jan 2014. Hence, when Hobart Travel Centre said that our tour agent which ran our day tours from 29 to 31 Jan couldnt cover our requested destinations on New Years Days, we were in despair. This wasnt a surprise since it was a public holiday, and even the Abalone Farm we wanted to visit was closed. Fortunately, we were delighted that Eye See saved the day by accepting it as a personalised tour .. on New Years Day! We learnt that Judy arrived to pick us at 9am but failed as we were away shopping since we were expecting her only at 1pm as indicated in the itinerary prepared by Hobart Travel Centre. She took our luggage and told our hotel manager she would be back at 1pm as scheduled. When we came back, we informed her that we were game to start, and she dutifully came back promptly the second time to start the tour. When she arrived, there wasnt a slightest hint of irritation, and she remained cheerful, patient and obliging throughout. Besides covering our requested destinations, she introduced us to various other shops and foods which we knew went beyond what anyone would expect. She surprised us with a little picnic with the tea and homemade biscuits and muffins she had prepared. And after we bought abalone, she ran off to get butter for us while we waited in the car so that we cud use it to cook in our apartment hotel. She even cut out a piece of the butter for us, as she knew we wudnt have use for the entire block of butter. I would say she delighted us as customers, except that at the end of the tour, we were more like friends. Through this, i have a very positive impression of Tasmania and its people. What else can I say, what more can one ask of a tour guide? Judy, when we see purple and pies, we will think of you... Thanks so much!

Visited January 2014
GowithESPT, Owner at Eye See Personalised Private Tours, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
I could never be irritated by a slight mistake. We all make mistakes at times so it is no big deal but the wait was worth it. I thoroughly enjoyed the afternoon. You certainly helped the Tasmanian economy and I know you will think of Tasmania when you sample all the "goodies" you purchased. I too felt as though we parted as friends and now you have had a little taste of Tasmania you have a reason to come back.
San Antonio, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Loved Judy and Tasmania!”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I cannot say enough about how wonderful it was to be shown beautiful Tasmania by Judy. She showed us amazing sights and made us a delicious homemade lunch after our hike from the falls! The Bonorong Sanctuary was one of the highlights of the entire trip and Judy made it even more special telling us about the work the sanctuary is doing for the Devils. Her coach was extremely comfortable and boy, she knows Tasmania! Very interesting and funny! We were sorry to see the tour end! Oh yes, and on your tour......be sure to ask her to show you some summer cows!

Visited November 2013
GowithESPT, Owner at Eye See Personalised Private Tours, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
This was a great day. The company was great and seeing 'the summer" cows is a different experience and a bit of fun. I agree the day went too quickly but unfortunately that is all part of having a wonderful experience.