“Quirky spot for a Cafe”

Ranked #11 of 48 Coffee & Tea in Hobart
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Your up on the stage it feels. Actually its the entry to a theatre behind. The staff were efficient, professional and courteous

1  Thank DavidMooreArchitect

Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

I sought this place out on a recommendation last time I was in Hobart. It's a really cosy little cafe. I had baked eggs with yogurt, tomato, parsley and sour dough toast for breakfast. That was delicious and so was the coffee I had too. The staff were efficient, professional and courteous.
The place is well priced for what you get. I can highly recommend it.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Tucked away in the back of the main Salamanca Market building we found Tricycle by accident. The address is 77 Salamanca Place but its a hige building and you have to go in and look for Tricycle. We had breakfast while waiting for the Market stalls to open. The menu is short and simple but covers all food preferences. The food is fresh as they source ingredients from local farmers and growers, and it was tasty. The coffee was good but not hot and they need to fix this as we heard other people complaining about the cold coffee. While it is inside the main building it is still in the path of a cold wind which blows through the open front doors, and while they give you blankets for your legs, it was still very cold. More heaters, or protection from the draft, is needed.

1  Thank Sue B
Reviewed September 8, 2013

What a find - take the time to find this cafe it is worth it. The staff are so lovely and the setting is lovely - and warm when it's cold outside. The chai is wonderful and my breakfast was fresh, simple and soooooo yummy.

1  Thank FlissD40
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I ate breakfast at Tricycle this morning, after reading about it in a cool little book called 'Hide and Seek Hobart'!
My husband and I were a bit tired of hotel breakfasts and Tricycle was a breath of fresh air, not to mention a bit cheaper. The cafe is a little hard to find so ask one of the shopkeepers in the Salamanca shopping strip. It's is small and sweet and bright.
My husband and I shared the meusli trifle, seemingly a specialty of Hobart. Fruit, meusli and fresh creamy yoghurt - just divine.
We then moved on to the sour dough ham and cheese toasted sangas and a plate of scrambled eggs and bacon. The latter having good quality smoked bacon and not greasy. Hot, creamy eggs. Good portion sizes and lovely sour dough bread.
It is worth spending a couple of minutes finding the Tricycle cafe, tucked away in between some cool little artisan shops near the Salamanca Arts Centre.

1  Thank CaramutJane