“Simply delicious”

Ranked #14 of 40 Coffee & Tea in Hobart
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Had late breakfast at this delightful gem in Salamanca Place - excellent coffee and first class service - and the food was even better: in a word, deliscious. Had truffle infused scrambled eggs, my wife's bacon was well done and tasty, good toast, and I also had a small serve of the meusli, pear and yoghurt to complete this simply deliscious meal.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I love this cafe. Every time I go to Hobart I go here. Great coffee, impeccable service, great food. Decor is spot on. I love everything about this cafe.

Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Excellent quality ingredients married to care and skill have a very good chance of producing memorable meals. Tricycle produced a superb BLT; lashings of tasty, unique bacon, fresh bread and a light, beautifully flavoured mayo.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

After visiting from Melbourne and the UK I was amazed when a local friend and I had lunch here to find such poor service and tasteless coffee. My friend asked for a weak coffee I wanted a little stronger, mine was boiling hot and milk was scorched. Whe paying I mentioned this but was told you have to pay extra for the strong coffee, no concern that it was a rubbish coffee. I couldn't resist asking if my friend would pay less given her order was for a very weak one. Staff rude, defensive and not out to help, unbelievable as for the extra dollar or so you get this review. K------Ching, keep that cash register going with tourist mugs like us. Plenty of great places nearby, I'd avoid this place . I've never writen a review before as sometimes places can be hit and miss but the poor attention to my coffee and the nonchalnace of staff have left me feeling obliged to comment.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

A hidden gem, located at the back of the art arcade. A quirky setting, that is well used. A good list of daily specials, that really are specials as they start running out toward the end of lunch time.
My roast pork with crackling , apple and fennel slaw was amazing, the veggie option my wife had was also good. Local bottle brewed ginger beer washed it down a treat. Definitely recommend for lunch, also serves breakfast, though have not sampled this.