“Very welcoming,warm atmosphere and great food”
Review of Anatolia

Anatolia
Ranked #158 of 627 Restaurants in Hobart
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We stumbled upon Anatolia by mistake as the state theatre cafe had closed for food. We only wanted a soup and had the tastiest and most authentic meditteranean soup of fish chowder. We had such a good rapport with the staff and owner that we booked to return 3 nights later when the Spanish guitar player created a soothing atmosphere. The veggie pancake and chocolate soufflé were outstanding, as well as more soup. We felt very cared for and special. Well done Anatolia!

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I love eating at this restaurant. They do everything so well. Their welcome is warn which goes with the atmosphere and the service. We went with family who were visiting from Melbourne and booked at Anatolia's for our night out. We received all the above and more. The variety of dishes we ordered we shared so everyone got to taste a large range of what was on offer from fish, seasoned meats to vegetarian delights. We stayed on talking until quite late with everyone praising the the quality of the dishes we had consumed. The meal ended with mouth watering deserts, the rice pudding and baklava were favourites. Then came coffee with a complimentary plate of turkish delight. This small restaurant definitely delivers BIG!

Reviewed May 16, 2013

I would like to reply to this "reviewer" - I have read all of their contributions and can well understand why they travel alone......

elizabethPR
Sydney

“tha'ts no duck”
"The staff were trying in every sense of the world. Even more ridiculous is the chef's special - confit of duck. I have been to Turkey on many occasions, and nobody cooks confit of duck like that anywhere."
Visited April 2013

Please, are you allowed out by yourself? Confit style of cooking, is Mediterranean, France is also in the Mediterranean, as well as Greece, Italy etc... The Anatolia is a Mediterranean Restaurant, read the sign outside, read the menu.... If you didn't like the Duck, don't lie and say that you did to the staff, and then trash it on this site... tell them!

I, my family and friends have eaten there many times, it is a small restaurant, it changes frequently, in both it's staff on the floor and wine selection, a review from last year means nothing, the same as a review about a previous owner or incarnation means nothing.

I would urge people to read the last few reviews, as they are in line with, what you would expect there, older floor staff, willing to help with your order, checking if you are happy, if there is anything else you want or need.
Grow a set and ask, at worse they can only say that they don't have it.

The food I have eaten there, is as good as any in the country or internationally, the service is the same, just as good as anywhere ...

If you want the best service, treat the staff well [anywhere],- per example I watched a loud tourist yell at a station clerk to get a ticket to the Vatican city in Rome, from Rome's airport, he was charged 35.00 euros, I followed after him, asked how she was, and how her day was going, politely in accented Italian, and was given a ticket for 3.50 euros and a hand written map of where to catch the connecting train...

Is the restaurant the best?, it is as good as it can be, and getting better :)

For people who haven't been back for a while, go in, and see if I am right, feel free to call me out if I'm not,
To ElizabethR, I also stayed at the same spa, maybe I talked in nicer tones to the masseuse, so for me, your 2 for 2.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Never having been to North Hobart before we were not sure where to eat when we saw Anatolia and were impressed by the menu as it appeared reasonable and offered more than one vegetarian option. What a delightful evening we had. This restaurant has a wonderful atmosphere, very friendly and welcoming. The food was so very good and we enjoyed our meal and the evening tremendously. Thanks so much to everyone who looked after us so well - even the mature waiter!

Barb and Dave NSW

Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

We dined there on 10 May
Five of us arrived and greeted by the inviting staff who ushered us to our table located near the front window
Menus arrived very quickly. We all shared the stuffed mushrooms to allow room for mains. The mushrooms were a delight and whetted the appetite well.
Our mains consisted of lamb hot pot, lamb confit, mixed grill and eggplant. This was all superb. No waiting for hours for our food. It all arrive at the same time. Something beyond the abilities of a lot of restaurants in Hobart
Desert consisted of baklava and and a chocolate soufflé With Turkish coffee and apple tea
All in all a really pleasant experience. I understand that everybody's experience varies, that's the nature of the beast I guess. But we could not be happier. We will return again, very soon
The serving staff were attentive without being intrusive. Their sense of humor was a pleasant surprise. A legacy of being slightly older I guess. As opposed to a large number of other restaurants who employ Gen Y's who are cheaper I guess. But generally display a surly nature with an attitude of being owed something. That I guess is a common place regardless of the venue
You won't be disappointed. Give it a try. Full of flavour with out being overpowering in the spice department. I don't know how they cook the potatoes. But don't change a thing. I can normally take or leave spuds. But these were something different