“Personalised, friendly service with a smile”

Great Expeditions - Personal & Guided Tasmania Day Tours
Ranked #33 of 85 Tours in Hobart
More attraction details
Owner description: Great Expeditions deliver tours of Tasmania that give you what you want. Most tours are private and have just you and your friends - its like having your own chauffeur service! The prices are fantastic for what you get. The guides can even dive in the ocean and grab fresh seafood for you! Tours are in small, comfortable vehicles and are very flexible - guests often change their tours and we happily encourage them to make the most of our services and our top local knowledge. Tours operate in all weather conditions because we have backup plans that take you to the best places.
Sydney, Australia
“Personalised, friendly service with a smile”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

My two friends and I decided to book a private wine tour with Great Expeditions and it was all we hoped it would be. We squeezed in 5 wineries and a cheese tasting and had the extremely knowledgable Patrick as our guide. Sam was extremely flexible with our tour timings and pick up from the airport and Patrick even offered to take us to places where we could find trinkets to kill some time before the flight. Really lovely people to deal with and I would highly recommend them to anyone visiting the Hobart area. Thanks from Emily, Becky & Crystal.

Visited October 2012

Mornington, Victoria, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“the best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

Hands down to Great Expeditions! Sam and Patrick were so accomodating when my boyfriend and I had our vacation in Hobart. We enjoyed our tour and we highly recommend them to anyone who's going to visit Tassie. What I like about the company is that they are so prompt! very sensitive to the needs of their costumers, we never felt rushed and we enjoyed their company. Extend your company to Melbourne and I'm really sure you'll get loads of costumers. =) Gerald says good luck in finding the village you told us about. If ever you plan to visit Philippines, let us know! All the best Sam, I've referred you to all my friends planning to visit Hobart.

Thanks!
Jaye & Gerald

Visited August 2012
Hong Kong, China
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A great experience!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

Me and my mom had a great day at Bonorang Wildlife Sanctuary, Styx River area and the Russell Falls at Mt Field National Park!! Thanks Samuel for bringing us around. He is knowledgeable, caring, willing to accommodate our pace and flexible (I've requested to change our itinerary during the tour and he was able to accommodate us!) I had a great time in meeting all the wildlife at Bonorang Wildlife Sanctuary, this was my first time meeting the Tasmanian Devils which was lovely!! I also enjoyed the walks through the forest seeing a lot of giant tower trees, fungi and even wallaby - this was really a great experience to me! What's more, I was so happy to see the Russell Falls (despite that we were running out of time) which was very gorgeous!! Thanks Samuel, I will definitely recommend your company to my friends!!

Visited June 2012
Fredericton, Canada
“A Great, Great Expedition”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

Samuel provided a wonderful tour.

Bonorang Wildlife Park was amazing. Feeding the Kangaroos was lots of fun. We also really enjoyed learning about the Wombats, Koalas and Tasmanian Devils.

Richmond was very picturesque and lunch at the Bakery was delicious and a visit to the Lollie shop was a great place to buy treats for family back home.

Louisa's Walk was very interesting and we certainly got an education of what life would have been like for the female prisoners. Judith and her husband did a great job portraying the characters.

The drive up to Mt. Wellington was a great way to end the day. Scenery was spectacular and the stop for a taste of the natural spring water was refreshing.

I would highly recommend this Great Expedition. My daughter enjoyed it so much she now wants to move to Tasmania!

Samuel was a great tour director who had an exceptional knowledge of the area and was most helpful all day.

Visited May 2012
Pakenham, Victoria, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

The whole time with Samuel I felt very relaxed and taken care of, he has a wonderful wealth of knowledge that keeps your mind stimulated. I was very slow to walk with on the track at Mt Wellington but he was patient, caring and had me tasting leaves off (the right) trees. Very Highly Recommended.

Visited May 2012