“Unbelievably busy, but perfect!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rockwall Bar and Grill

Rockwall Bar and Grill
Ranked #15 of 591 Restaurants in Hobart
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Tasmania
“Unbelievably busy, but perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

I was part of a large party that dined on a Sunday night, the day before a public holiday and the place was packed. Despite this, the service was without fault and the food excellent. We were seated quickly, our orders taken at just the right time and the food delivered within 20 minutes or so, and importantly everyone's meal arrived at the same time. A great evening.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Melbourne, Australia
“Seriously good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

A local recommended Rockwall & they were absolutely spot on. Despite the restaurant being packed on a Saturday on a long weekend we were seated & served quickly. Our waitress Molly was run off her feet but constantly had a smile.
The food was the highlight. We had the mixed oysters & pork belly for entree. Sensational. I had the steak special that was a Cape Grim rib eye. Cooked to perfection. My wife had the 250g eye fillet. It was also perfectly cooked.
Had a great meal & experience at Rockwall.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Dave L
Perth, Australia
“Best Steak Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

Staff were fantastic here. Buzzing both nights we went here and the food was great. One of the best steaks I have ever had!!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Duncan H
Sydney
“Great food ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

Had a lovely meal at this restaurant. Seated with no problem and served quickly and professionally by pleasant and friendly wait staff. It was very busy but this didn't delay service. The food was lovely and interesting and reasonably priced. The lobster pate and mushroom and truffle soup was very nice. Would eat here again.

1 Thank Aussietravller1
Sydney, Australia
“What a find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

I had the pleasure of having dinner here two nights ago. I had booked a better known establishment in the Hobart era, and stumbled upon this restaurant in Salamanca Place and decided to cancel my booking at the other restaurant. I don't regret this decision at all!
This was a wonderful restaurant experience from start to finish and offered me exactly what I was looking for - the opportunity to sample some of the best local produce in the region. My entree of crisp pork belly was rich in flavour and complemented by beautiful palm sugar caramel. My main course, the Rockwall burger, boasted mouth-watering fresh premium beef mince and was accompanied by just the right amount of steak fries. And my dessert, ferrero rocher ice cream (made with gorgeous Tasmanian ice cream) was sprinkled with candied hazelnuts and ended the meal on a supremely good note. I was thoroughly impressed.
In addition to the high quality of the food, the service I received was excellent. It was consistently attentive throughout the evening and very friendly.
This was a fantastic experience and certainly has left me keen to return to Hobart at a later date, in order to continue sampling the wonderful Tasmanian produce on offer.

• Visited May 2014