“Better places are nearby”

Rockwall Bar and Grill
Ranked #15 of 595 Restaurants in Hobart
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bangkok
“Better places are nearby”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

Steak was good quality but under seasoned. The chef went to the trouble to create crispy roasted potatoes then proceeded to put the steak on top of them, thus making them soggy. Other dishes were so so. Service was poor as the staff moves slowly and looks overworked.

• Visited September 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
“Friendly, good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

Ate here while on a business trip to Hobart and staying around the corner...
Staff and service was friendly, but got patchy as the restaurant filled up.
Food was very good, without being great - overall I enjoyed it very much.

Perth, Australia
“Location, location, location!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

How excited we're we to get a table for two on a Saturday night only to find we were seated right in the walkway next to the kitchen. The evening was completely ruined by the constant back and forth of diners and wait staff. Surely, they could have sacrificed the income from two tables in that position for the enjoyment and benefit of their customers. Food was ok, but we literally ate and left as the atmosphere was a real killer. With so many other options available in Hobart, I would not bother with this place.

“So so”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

We travelled to tasmania on a short break and rockwall was recommended by the hotel. We had oysters, steak and the lamb (wanted to order more but felt rushed). Oysters were average. Lamb average. Steak great but mash and veges average at best (reminded me of food from an rsl). side of ceasar was marvellous. Food very efficient. Service was awkward and inconsistent. Perhaps it was our visit (given the other great reviews) but we had better meals in all the other cities we visited. wished we had tried somewhere else...

1 Thank Vincent G
Main Beach, Australia
“RETURN TO ROCKWALL - STILL THE BEST DUCK”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

I have reviewed this restaurant before and raved about the duck so I thought I would give an update. We visited Hobart again this month and we went to this restaurant again because it was so good last time. This time there were 9 in our party on a very busy full Saturday night for the restaurant. We were greeted by friendly staff and shown to out table. Service was quick and we had our drinks in no time. I might rave about the food but it is that good and what you get for the price you pay is excellent. All the meals were cooked to the degree requested by all, all the meals were large and ample - I had my twice cooked duck which was 'to die for', someone had the rack of pork and it was so big they couldn't finish it, the rack of lamb was large and the 500gm and 300gm steaks tender and 'oh so good' (comments from the eaters).
The drinks and wine is well priced across the list and servings more than adequate.
If I have a negative, it is only a personal one - I had the Bread and Butter pudding for dessert and it was nice and I ate it but I am still to find a traditional bread and butter pudding that hasn't had some chef's refinements done to it. WE WILL BE BACK.

1 Thank Kenaohp