“Ants in drinks!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I recommended this restaurant for a recent dinner with friends, I have eaten here on 3 occasions previously & enjoyed it. The night started badly with a table shared garlic pizza burnt, drinks not delivered to the table & then once they were, ants in two separate drinks.
Meals were under-size, the carbonara a friend was having had a sour taste, like cream was off, the Italian sausage pasta was tough & chewy.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

I was in hobart for work last week and was out for a bite to eat and walked pass ciuccio . Now i had eaten there 2 years back and wasnt very happy with what i had there at all but it was getting late and found it hard to get a spot at some of the other local restaurants so thought i would give it another go and was happy i did . I decided to order something off the specials board as well as something of the main menu started off with the soup of the day which was a bacon and parsnip and thyme soup which was spot on for my liking no need to add salt or pepper then followed up with the pork belly off the main menu when i was here last i had ordered the pork belly so wanted to see if there was any improvement on what i had last time and i was very impressed by the stark difference to my first time dining there . The skin was nice and crunchy and the meat just fell apart seriously could have eaten a bucket load of it . I found the service to be very good and thoroughly enjoyed my evening there . The differences between my first time there and my time there last week the place has really improved and the waiter had informed me of a new menu starting soon so i will definetly be back to try the new menu and would have no hesitation in recommending Ciuccio to my colleagues for when they visit hobart .

Reviewed August 2, 2013

We went here for breakfast on a Saturday morning. The coffee was poor, but I was willing to forgive that if the food was good. We ordered the Big Breakfast. It was the worst breakfast out I've ever had. We could have made a better one at home. The food has obviously been sitting in an oven to keep warm. Everything was so dry. It was disgusting. Perhaps breakfast is not really their thing but there is no way I'd go back and try them for dinner after the woeful breakfast they served us. The mushrooms were dry and gross. The beans felt like they'd come out of a tin and just been warmed up. No one asked how we enjoyed our meals which was a shame as I like to provide honest feedback at the time. The restaurant was also very quite with no music or atmosphere. Such a shame as I remember visiting this place around 5 or 6 years ago and the food was first class. It has fallen a long long way from that might position.

Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Had heard this place had changed ownership and food was really good so gave it a try. Really enjoyed the night, service was good and food excellent. Had the venison cheeks and creamed polenta and was very tasty, also great value for money. Hadn't booked a table but despite restaurant full I was easily accommodated. Will be going back especially as exciting new menu arriving.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Saturday night out, was very cold but we decided to go to an italian restaurant and chose Ciuccio. The service was slow but also the staff were disinterested, distracted almost and Inattentive. I found this alarming as there weren't that many people dining. We all ordered various pasta dishes. The cream sauce was bitter and tangy and there was barely any pasta in the actual dish. For the high price the dishes cost I would expect more value for money.
The overall experience was terrible, none of us were satisfied and to be honest a big waste of money. Food and wine are below average, this place seems to be cutting costs and its showing.