“Very Poor”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I note one reviewer suggesting that poor reviews may be due to disgruntled ex staff, well maybe but the reviews for this place are consistently poor and this one will be no different.
My recent experience with interstate family was all those reviews and more. Poorly trained staff who didn't even remove dirty glasses or cups, incorrect orders, one meal served well before the others. Even our bill was rung up incorrectly but then to find pasta and sauce charged separately ! Five strands of spaghetti $8, a few spoonfuls of tomato sauce ,add an extra $9. Extraordinary, never come across that before and after that we heard the owner getting cross who two female customers. Beautiful Salamanca full of tourists, I hope they avoid this place until it gets its act together.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Went with interstate family and friends even though had heard bad reports. Not much was right with the place. Poor service, very slow, didn't get what we ordered, even the coffee. Meals extraordinary, not even sure what we ate but very oily and unpleasant. Never again ..

Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

We only went to this restaurant as the Greek restaurant went to first was booked out. Service at this restaurant is beyond poor. People whom ordered just before us were still waiting after one hour. I ordered fettuccine carbonara. Traditionally a creamy dish. It had egg yolk in the bottom of the bowl, pasta was not cooked and almost cold. Spoke to waiter whom took dish back to chef. I was told by the waiter the chef said it was el dente and was cooked correctly, also said traditionally carbonara has egg in it not cream. I was given the option of ordering something else, wish I hadn't bothered. Ordered bruschetta thinking from the description on the menu and I've had bruschetta hundreds of times before it should be ok. How wrong I was. It was served as a roll cut in half. Toasted that much I couldn't cut it. Slices of tomato and red onion, not diced as its usually served, mozzarella cheese is usually melted on top, not here. There was 3 pieces more like tiny bits of cheese on top. Looked like feta cheese until I tasted it. It was vile.
Alex my partner ordered pizza which was on menu as traditional thin base. It wasn't.
The only up side to this place was they didn't end up charging for our drinks which was 1 coffee and 1 beer.
They did the same to another table near us, as they too had been there a long time before order was taken.
I normally take pictures of the food I'm so sorry I didn't do this tonight.
Eat there at your own peril

1  Thank thepixie
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Pizza bland/we added our own salt, premade Tiramisu / worst I've tasted mostly cream/not enough of other ingredients so left most of it, friends deserts too sweet (too much sugar) all served in glasses @ $12 each poor value.

Best thing was the company of friends and 1 bottle of wine.@ $38.

They won't be open long with below average food and service / too many quality restaurants for them to survive unless they make changes. Dirty plates, waited 15 minutes for our bill and deserts served at different times. They were not busy.
Masking take covering parts of stools.

Tasmania has fabulous food and service,
Ciuccio does not, they need to grasp the basics. Give it a miss and go to Maldinis or Cargo or many other of Tasmania top class eateries.

1  Thank AngelTravelService
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

Love this place. I have been a handful of times since moving to Tas recently and this restaurant has a great menu, food tastes good and is real value for money. I love the two French waiting staff and their friendly service. Love their accents - nice little European touch. I note the consistent negative reviews on this place and some by the same reviewers and I have heard it through the grapevine that a couple if previous staff have a personal vendetta against the new owners - so sad. This place is worth the visit.

2  Thank pleasuresinlife