“Dissapointed”

Ranked #40 of 47 Hotels in Hobart
Airdrie, United Kingdom
“Dissapointed”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

As per Touringfiddler the hotel was locked and we had to wait although only five minutes.
We did get a refund.
The room that was reserved for me was supposed to be an 'En-Suite'. It was in a sense. The bath WC was in the bedroom screened off by a very old fashioned three section wooden screen the type you see in cowboy pictures.

Room Tip: There is no good rooms
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank auldyin65

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We arrived and the hotel was locked. We called the owner and waited 15 minutes for him to come by and open it. I had booked a twin room, meaning two beds, with a spa. The spa was in a the room. No walls, no shower curtain. The toilet was in the room. No walls, just a small screen. The toilet was four feet from the bed. The one double bed in the room, which I had thought would be two. As my colleague and I didn't think there was enough room to share, I called the owner later that night and asked for a mattress. No answer, no call back. There was nobody in the hotel. No desk, nobody on hand to help guests who were paying $160 per night! The store room door was open, with mess, clothing and cutlery strewn everywhere. We found a mattress in the storeroom and had to rummage through the mess to find a spare blanket.
I had mistakenly booked another night and had requested a refund with the owner a week before the mistakenly booked date, and he assured me it would be "sorted when I got there." No mention. The day after our stay, I called and asked about the refund. Their "accountant" was on "holiday." Three weeks later, I call the owner, who is now in New Zealand and can't help me with a refund. He gives me a number if his accountant. The number is engaged for 24 hours. The hotel rings and rings. No refund. Silly me.
Don't stay there- it's awful, and run by a liar.

• Stayed November 2012
6 Thank Touringfiddler

Travelers are raving about these Hobart hotels

Dover, Australia
Reviewed May 14, 2012

My family did not stay here, but had a meal before a show at the Theatre Royal. Firstly the meal was very ordinary and very over priced. The Asian Platter was all processed food out of a packet and cost $25. Secondly the waitress while pleasant enough had long flowing hair, which looked lovely but should not be hanging in your food when being served.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank CarolB1954
Launceston, Australia
Reviewed February 25, 2012

Stayed here over a weekend from Launceston. All accommodattion in Hobart was booked out due to the cricket, clear to see why accommodation was still available at this facility. Over priced, but didnt realise this until we actually got into our room. $125 a night, no television, no ensuite, no fans or air con, and a fridge on the carpet in the middle of the room, tidy but not clean and traffic could be heard from our room 24/7, we had a kettle, weetbix (no milk), coffee/tea (no mugs). The communual bathroom facilities consisted of one shared shower, and one shared toilet for the women, mens facilities were extremely hard to find (no-one told us anything) patrons had to walk through the hotels laundry (i think) to get to them, and both showers had products of the previous guests sprawled throughout them (old shavers,shampoo,deodrant,bits of soap) not exactly clean. I was forced to re-stock the toilet rolls with the toilet paper that had been sat next to our tea/coffee making facilities in our room. When we woke up the first morning the guests staying next to us were leaving (left the door open, bed un-made and key in the door) it remained in this state for the rest of our stay. Staff were never seen upstairs(where rooms were located). All in all a shocking waste of money, the only positive was the central location.

Room Tip: don't stay here.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Erin G
Reviewed January 13, 2012

We rented spa suite in early January. Configuration of room is bizarre with toilet actually in the room itself (I.e. no separate bathroom) - not for modest couples! Half of room will be drenched during shower due to lack of shower curtain. You will also need to close all curtains to avoid direct line of sight to other rooms and hospital rooms across the road.

Staff helpful at 'check in' but then nowhere to be seen during our two night stay, so if you are high maintenance guests and want things like fresh towels or bed made etc (e.g. typical "hotel" style service) then don't stay here.

To sum up, not a romantic stay but perfectly serviceable for exploring Hobart on foot.

• Stayed January 2012
sydney
Reviewed January 28, 2011

Photos looked great and for the price it seems terrific. WRONG. Service was non-existent, security was apalling (ie, no staff on site overnight, street door unlocked totally, our safety was at risk, disco until midnight at a volume that shook the window, no staff in attendance next morning to book out, had to leave key in our room door and leave, no way to lock outer door as we left. No other guests either, all rooms left open, except the two bars when alcohol and money must have been, they being more important than the safety and wellbeing of any hapless guests who wander in. I am still, after two months, trying to get a refund of the night;s accommodation as I was charged twice, once when the reservation was made (which I thought was a security hold only through Need it Now site, and by eftpos on arrival despite the woman checking the computer! Have to question the honesty of the establishment as well as business practices! All I can say is DONT DO IT!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Sydney
Reviewed January 14, 2011

We stayed here because Hobart was booked out and were pleasantly surprised. Some rooms had ensuites, others didn't. The rooms had been refurbished and were pleasantly done out. In the non ensuited room the tea/coffee facitlities were not well laid out; in the ensuited rooms they were great. The pub part of the hotel was shut down (maybe just over the new year period) so there was no issue with noise. Although basic breakfast was supposedly supplied in rooms the skeleton crew forgot to replenish these supplies. The centre of town and the waterfront was very easily accessible. Fantastic location. Very good prices. I would stay here again, particularly in the ensuited rooms.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family