“Excellent accomodation with personal touches”
Review of Hobart Gables

Hobart Gables
Ranked #20 of 54 Specialty Lodging in Hobart
Brisbane, Queensland
“Excellent accomodation with personal touches”
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I and 2 friends stayed at The Gables for 3 nights. We were in shock about the cold Tassie weather in November as we are all from QLD however arriving into a warm and clean home was lovely.
The owners thought of those extra touches - coffee machine, chocolates, milk and bread which was very thoughtful.
We stayed in the downstairs unit and while we occasionally heard movement from the upstairs unit, it was by no means intrusive. We had a view of Mt Wellington outside our window and were excited to discover it had been snowing!
The unit was warm with oil heaters and electric blankets and plenty of large fluffy towels. The water pressure and temperature in the shower was great too.
The location is very close to the city centre and waterfront though quiet. I noticed a bus stop in the street however we had hired a car so didn't need it.
All in all we made a great choice in staying at Hobart Gables and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone needing a home away from home in Hobart.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank langer5s

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Sanur, Indonesia
Reviewed November 8, 2013

We have just recently moved to Hobart with the whole family: husband, myself and three children aged 9, 6 and 3.
After a long research, we were attracted by Hobart Gables. The response of the owners was very welcoming and at the same time professional and clear, as opposite to several other accommodation options. Moving from one country to another is an important experience for a family and we didn't want to end up in a bad situation just to save a few dollars (although Hobart Gables is far from expensive anyway).

Well, our choice couldn't have been better!

When we arrived, being cold (we used to live in the tropics for about 20 years!) the house was warm, and Grace and Jo Anne were formidable hosts! They welcomed us and gave us some very useful information about Hobart, without being intrusive. In the kitchen we found some healthy food for children and ourselves, plus a nice welcome card.

The apartment was big, perfectly equipped and the owners even organized toys and books according to the age of our children.

Electric blankets, warm doonas, oven, kitchen, microwave, coffee machine, washing machine, drier, nice verandah... and much more!

Perfect location to explore Hobart, shopping and dining areas, and still quiet in the evening.

My husband and myself are tourism and hospitality professional and have been traveling extensively all over the world. We are glad to say that we seldom found a place of this quality.

We could not recommend Hobart Gables highly enough, not only to every family relocating or holidaying to Hobart, but also to couples and professionals passing though the city...

Really a home away from home, to the point that while we were looking for accommodation to rent for a year and establish the family in Hobart, we found ourselves hoping to be able to stay in Hobart Gables permanently!!

Thank you so much Grace and Jo Anne, you will be a big part of our memories of our move to Hobart!

Sveva, Michael and the little noisy people

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Sveva F
Tassie
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We would highly recommend Hobart Gables. Everything in the apartment was perfect. The apartment had a full laundry and kitchen and it was very spacious and clean. We have stayed at a number of different places around Hobart and the Gables is certainly one of the best. The children were most impressed with the games cupboard!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank TassieDevil99
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

As part of my first leg in Hobart, the 'Gables' was a fantastic launching point from which to explore Northern Hobart and the CBD / historic docks.
Grace & Jo-Anne, the owners, were very gracious and welcoming - but importantly, not intrusive.
The upstairs apartment had a great view of Mt. Wellington from most of the rooms and the balcony, and it was clean, spacious and modern; everything you could possibly ask for. The large kitchen had a coffee machine too, which was handy.
I stayed alone, but there was more than enough room for a few more people - and the master bedroom was exquisite.
Highly recommend this stay!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Kamil C
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

Highly recommended. Fantastic location close to the city and other attractions. Friendly service and attention to detail helped make our stay even more comfortable. Quality appliances and furnishings were a bonus. Clean, spacious and nicely housed a family with 2 kids.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Yupmeister
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I stayed at the’ Hobart Gables’ from the 4th - 7th July 2013 from Sydney; a better choice for accommodation I could not have made.

Hobart was freezing on the day I arrived but very kindly the owners had turned on the main heater in my apartment so I walked in to a beautiful and warm residence. This was to be the start of a wonderful 4 days in Hobart.

My apartment was amazing! It was apparently built in the 40’s and it is everything I would want in my own home, let alone holiday accommodation! Beautiful lead-light windows, large spacious rooms, a large bathroom (with separate shower) and a full-sized bath that I could have stayed in all night, plus, it was sooo quiet. No police sirens and aircraft noise that I usually hear in Sydney. From most rooms of my apartment I had a great view of Mount Wellington – which was covered in snow for the duration of my stay, in fact, I could see it from the comfort of my warm bed.

My stay was such a home-away-from-home I would have been happy to have stayed for months! The apartment was fitted out with all the ‘mod-cons’ – Russell Hobbs kitchen toys and an espresso coffee machine, plus, it was really well kitted out with kitchenware, cutlery, glassware etc. Everything I needed and more was supplied.

The new owners Jo-Anne and Gracie were very accommodating and made me feel very welcome. They are the most perfect of hosts and nothing was too much trouble. They have great local knowledge and were more than happy to point me in the direction of things to see and do. The famous North Hobart café and restaurant scene was only a stone’s throw away and an easy walk.

I cannot recommend the ‘Hobart Gables’ strongly enough and I have already made my second booking for October this year.

Room Tip: My apartment had the BEST bed I have EVER slept in. For the first time in recent years I didn't...