“Great service”

BarCelona
Ranked #143 of 617 Restaurants in Hobart
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Bar and restaurant in the heart of Salamanca Square - Hobart. Built from sandstone from old Hobart City the building retains a lot of heat from the beautiful open fire and sets a perfect place to sit back and enjoy what is on offer during a cold Winters Day.
Reviewed August 12, 2014

I came here twice during a recent trip to Hobart, once for lunch and once for dinner. The staff were very attentive and friendly. The food was delicious and good value for money. Their chicken schnitzel on mash with broccolini was brilliant after a cold day exploring Hobart. Will visit again on my next trip across!

Reviewed August 11, 2014

I really enjoyed the Chicken and Prawn Laksa but I was less than impressed by the staff. Inattentive and absorbed in socialising with each other. I did not like the way they present themselves with the 'free dress'. High heels and scarves that fall too close to my food are not suitable for waitressing. I could hardly distinguish staff from customers. I really did enjoy the Laksa though, fantastic portion size and beautifully cooked proteins.

1  Thank ejfaulkner93
Reviewed August 8, 2014

We had lunch here and were delighted with the service and quality of the food. Our server gave us tastings of wines to help us to choose form a very healthy wine list.
Definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Popped in here for a feed and a couple of drinks during the Big Sing Festival of Voices in Hobart, so consequently, it was very busy. The service struggled a bit to keep up with everyone's needs, and we noticed a couple of people leaving because service was slow. We had a few of the pizzas, and they were pretty good, but nothing to rave about. Paying at the end was where it all got a bit messy, as we couldn't split the bill, and then had to wrestle our way to the bar in amongst the keen Friday night drinkers in order to pay the bill. All in all, perfectly acceptable, but wouldn't rush back.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Wonderful wine selection, atmospheric bar. Well heated despite the cold Hobart winter. A little noisy, fast drink service. Prices average for a fancy type bar.