“Locals spot”

Harbour Lights
Ranked #16 of 610 Restaurants in Hobart
Cuisines: Italian, Australian, Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A hidden gem embracing the views of Hobart's picturesque waterfront, Harbour Lights has long been a haven for locals, foodies and tourists alike. Whether you prefer a satisfying big breakfast, a traditional scallop pie for lunch or authentic Italian cuisine for dinner, the Harbour Lights team can offer you an experience to be savoured. Team all this with a perfect Belaroma coffee, T2 leaf tea or choose from a menu of predominantly Tasmanian and Italian wines, beers and liqueurs.
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Great for a quick breakfast and coffee before heading out fort the day. Try their famous scallops pie. Wonderful staff.

There are newer reviews for Harbour Lights

Reviewed February 4, 2013

This was just around the corner from our hotel and on the first night we were tired and not keen to go far.

We were intrigued by advertising for a scallop curry pie which it is claimed is all the rage among yachts!

I wouldn't go back for one. Very Ho Hum in my opinion and that of my companion.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Great food (breakfast), very friendly staff, lovely atmosphere. Only in Hobart for 2 nights, but will go back for breakfast tomorrow!

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Close to the waterfront, and near lots of attractions. I was disappointed by the food and coffee, and especially the service. There are better options nearby.

1  Thank Kylie C
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We ate lunch here prior to getting the airport shuttle bus, so were conscious of time although we had plenty of it. But at one stage we did fear we were going to spend our last few hours in Hobart watching lucky passers-by collect their take-away coffee before our order was taken!

When we were eventually brought a menu, we ordered items which we were told afterwards were only available at dinner. The menu was in the form of loose pages tucked into a folder, so why on earth would you even bring out the dinner pages at lunchtime?

Even once we got that sorted out, the item we ordered was unavailable. Finally settled on a pizza, and asked for it without rocket, only to be told firmly that "Chef doesn't allow alterations." As it happens, I just don't particularly like rocket, especially on a pizza, but what if it had been something I was allergic to? In the end, Chef relented and I got my pizza without rocket and I will say it was delicious. Lovely thin crust. My husband had the "famous scallop pie" and was also happy with his meal.