“Could be great, but no privacy :(”
Review of Quarry Salamanca

Quarry Salamanca
Ranked #38 of 47 Hotels in Hobart
Reviewed December 6, 2011

First impressions are excellent. Lovely room, great location, very comfortable bed. It feels just great.

But then ...

The couple using the next room arrived. I jumped because I thought they were entering my room - it was so loud. But it wasn't their fault - the wall between our room was as though it wasn't there. I heard everything. And over the next hour, I heard EVERYTHING ... awkward!!

Maybe if you're planning a romantic stay in Hobart, try a place where the adjacent rooms don't unwittingly become an audience.

Sorry, can't recommend it because of that. Won't stay again unless it's properly fixed.

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank Brettyboo

Reviewed October 6, 2011

We stayed here for 4 nights and found the room to be very spacious, modern, and very comfortable. Fantastic location right in Salamanca Place close to restaurants and bars and the famous markets are literally at your door. The only downside would be that the room did get a little stuffy at night but a ceiling fan would fix that. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SmurfWollongong
Reviewed August 19, 2011

I found this hotel had a great location overlooking Salamanca Markets, great amenities and was very clean. The room was serviced each day.

The restaurant downstairs was great. Especially the salmon.

Highly recommended. Would definitely return.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank TerriandTim
Reviewed August 3, 2011

We stayed at Quarry in late July on a very good rate. At first site the rooms look great. Relatively new, compact and well appointed. The bathroom has a huge bath and good quality amenities.

Everytime you walk into the room you are hit with a stale waft of air, mainly because the bathroom drain is uncovered and the smell of old water fills the room.

The accommodation overall was great.

We ate breakfast everday at Quarry restuarant but the last day was a disaster.

Took 20mins for our coffee to arrive. Then 45mins for our museli to arrive...except we didn't order museli. When we brough this to the attenion of the waitress she looked confused and took it back. Another 10mins and we still hadn't received our original order (porridge). Not sure about anyone else but waiting 55mins for poridge is beyond me.

We walked out and the waitress made us pay for the two coffees. What a joke.

So far, we've told as many people as possible how indifferent the service was as it really was pathetic.

Accomodation great, breakfast...utterly awful.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MerryWhistler
Reviewed August 3, 2011

Booked a room at Quarry online, the process was so simple and easy. Check-in was just as quick.

Didn't expect a lot, as the price was so reasonable - but we arrived to find a huge room with views onto Salamanca, completely self-contained with an amazing en-suite bathroom and all the mod cons.

The living space is so large that we invited several friends to join us for post-dinner drinks and there was plenty of room for everyone to sprawl out on the large leather sofas.

Double-glazed windows were a god-send as the rowdy Friday night crowd gives way to the Saturday morning market buzz.

Have tried booking a room here since and have been unable to due to the popularity!!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank EQuintin
Reviewed June 28, 2011

We recently travelled to Hobart on the Queens b'day long weekend and due to the ash cloud ended up having to stay extra nights. Not happy with where we had been staying we tried The Quarry - and we'll be back. Fantastic location with Salamanca Place right on your doorstep (double glazed windows means you don't have the noise market of your bedroom) and a groovy little boutique hotel with fantastic rooms. A very funky bathroom where you could watch the television in the loungeroom from the comfort of steaming hot bath if you felt so inclined. And when it came to the bed - well there's a reason they advertise it on their website - it's like sleeping on a cloud. I have never slept so well in all my life. A great bar/restaurant down stairs with really friendly staff who were only to happy to help - I truly recommend The Quarry and would stay there next time I am in Hobart.

Room Tip: As for a room overlooking Salamanca Place
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 9, 2011

The staff were most helpful (the ones from the downstairs bar reception) and the location was terrific. I felt that the rooms, although they looked good, needed a good clean. Maybe some fresh air flow would help, also.

Very noisy, but that is not what annoyed me. It was the filthy windows, the stuffiness, no airconditioning, that disappointed me. I had already paid in advance, and I knew it would not be possible to get a refund so I stayed, otherwise I would have left.
Staff were lovely, though, but seemed to have no authority other than to show you to your room, etc.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business