“Very nice”

Tasmania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very nice”
Reviewed February 24, 2012

I had the fillet mignon cooked to perfection! Well worth the price.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank FirstimerParis

Launceston, Australia
“Beautiful and delicious”
Reviewed February 2, 2012

Nice atmosphere. The waitress was very helpful and efficient. Had pizza was delicious. Big size couldn't eat it all, waitress put in a takeaway box. Pizza was just as nice next day cold. YUM

Visited January 2012
Hobart, Australia
“Quiz”
Reviewed January 11, 2012

The Duke is a friendly pub with a good selection of food and alcohol. I particularly enjoy the quiz nights on Wednesday.

“Great experience”
Reviewed January 6, 2012

Great, high quality, tasty food, friendly service. I'll be going back.

Hobart, Australia
“Great service- disappointing food...”
Reviewed August 17, 2011

We had a table of 17 family members dining at The Duke for my birthday.
We were greeted warmly and attended too fantastically all night, inluding being asked regularly if we needed more drinks which was great! Something you don't get much anymore!
We had 5 children in the group and their meals came out first to keep them entertained, which was great!
However the adult meals then took almost another hour to arrive, by which time the children were needing attention again!
There were mixed reactions to the meals, but there were many words flying around like tough, salty, dry soggy and cold... I had the duck breast which was really disappionting- the duck was very hard to slice and was a very small piece, and the mash it was served on was so sweet and had a flavour I just couldn't put my finger on- I found it almost inedible.

It's a shame that such brilliant service could not be backed up by the food.

I don't think we'll go back in a hurry with so many other places doing it better.

• Visited August 2011