“Beautiful and delicious”
Review of The Duke

The Duke
Ranked #82 of 647 Restaurants in Hobart
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Real Food, Real Music At the Duke we love to share the best of Tasmania. So we source our food locally, our artwork is local, as are our musicians, and our extensive collection of Tassie Gins and Whiskys. Live music every Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, and Quiz every Wednesday evening.
Reviewed February 2, 2012

Nice atmosphere. The waitress was very helpful and efficient. Had pizza was delicious. Big size couldn't eat it all, waitress put in a takeaway box. Pizza was just as nice next day cold. YUM

Reviewed January 11, 2012

The Duke is a friendly pub with a good selection of food and alcohol. I particularly enjoy the quiz nights on Wednesday.

Reviewed January 6, 2012

Great, high quality, tasty food, friendly service. I'll be going back.

Reviewed August 17, 2011

We had a table of 17 family members dining at The Duke for my birthday.
We were greeted warmly and attended too fantastically all night, inluding being asked regularly if we needed more drinks which was great! Something you don't get much anymore!
We had 5 children in the group and their meals came out first to keep them entertained, which was great!
However the adult meals then took almost another hour to arrive, by which time the children were needing attention again!
There were mixed reactions to the meals, but there were many words flying around like tough, salty, dry soggy and cold... I had the duck breast which was really disappionting- the duck was very hard to slice and was a very small piece, and the mash it was served on was so sweet and had a flavour I just couldn't put my finger on- I found it almost inedible.

It's a shame that such brilliant service could not be backed up by the food.

I don't think we'll go back in a hurry with so many other places doing it better.

Reviewed April 16, 2011

My daughter and I had lunch at The Duke last Friday and were both generally disappointed with our meals. I have previously eaten here but not for a long time. There were a number of young guys training, appeared to be their first time waiting but that was OK. It was the food that was disappointing; I ordered a steak sandwich which was 95% shoestring fries piled on the plate smothering a tiny luke warm steak. I'm guessing the poor little stringy piece of steak had been sitting waiting for the McDonalds style fries to arrive as they were hot (and plentiful) but regrettably everything else luke warm at best. My daughter had the Pizza special; again only just OK unfortunately. Pub food isn't expected to be 5-star, but at $18 bucks for a large plate of shoestring fries and a near cold steak and a very average pizza at $20 I won't be rushing back. Better options in Hobart for food.