“Scary but awesome”

and up
Full-Day Tasman Peninsula Tour from Hobart
Ranked #1 of 85 Tours in Hobart
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore the spectacular coast of the Tasman Peninsula with Robert Pennicott and his team on the yellow boats. Cruise beneath the highest sea cliffs in the Southern Hemisphere and explore the deep sea caves and archways along the coast. Come face to face with wildlife including seals, dolphins, whales and sea birds. Tasman Island Cruises depart from Port Arthur or you can join our Full Day Tour from Hobart.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Brisbane, Australia
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Scary but awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Wow, what an experience. We left from Port Arthur after driving ourselves there. Damo and Damian were on our boat and were absolutely outstanding. We had what we would consider rough weather - 2.5 mtr waves. They were both excellent at calming everyone down and assuring us that it was normal. Once we got into calm waters, the views were amazing, the history was fantastic. We even got to see a whale and her calf. That was awesome. An experience not for the faint hearted but not to be missed. Well worth the money and the time.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank bridgette b

Sydney, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“One of the best experiences I've ever had in Australia!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

OK, so I'm guilty of travelling to far off places around the world with annual regularity and more often than not ignore whats at my very doorstep!
Earlier this month we spent FOUR days in Hobart
Yes, it was winter and a little cool but we were so very lucky with the weather.
Day 2 we chose to do the Tasman Island Cruise with Pennicott Wilderness Journeys. They picked us up from the wharf in Hobart (on time) and then bussed us to Port Arthur to hop on a boat for a THREE hour wilderness experience.

AMAZING is all I can say.
Our 'yellow boat' was designed especially so we could get up close and personal with: 300 metre sea cliffs, waterfalls, sea caves, seals, birds and navigate a turbulent sea. We were in awe of the landscapes before us and the commentary was as entertaining as it was humerous.

10/10 for the cruise and the service!
The staff are passionate about what they do and it shows.

We'd already visited Port Arthur historic sites so opted for the island tour instead - probably would've preferred to have seen the historic sites again as the afternoon was a bit of a waste. Still a great day and can't recommend highly enough.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank Garth O
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

My husband and I were given this cruise as a wedding present. It was an amazing day, great service the guys Damo and Damo were friendly, enthusiastic and very involving. The cruise itself was so much fun the boys made sure we got to see and experience everything. We were in caves and right next to seals. Loved all 3 hours of it. Go and enjoy it yourself, you won't regret it.

1 Thank KnightsEJ
Hobart
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Highly reccomended!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

Let me say firstly that I am an experienced sailor and I have spent a reasonable amount of time exploring this part of Tasmania's coastline. Regardless, I had the most wonderful time on the Tasman Island cruise. It was entertaining, informative, friendly and totally enjoyable. The skipper and crew were knowledgable and friendly. I highly recommend this trip and this tour operator!

Visited March 2012
1 Thank straydogHobart
Maidstone, United Kingdom
135 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 136 helpful votes
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

If you go to Tasmania, you have to take one of these tours. We got picked up from the office in Hobart by mini-bus and taken to the office on Tasman Island where we met Kane who was going to be our guide. Got back on the mini-bus and was taken to the boat where we met Damien who was the other tour guide. The lads were fantastic, they really looked after everyone and I learnt so much from them about the sea. the boat ride was loads of fun, when the lads say to make sure you do up your seat belt properly....do it lol. I had mine a bit loose and nearly came out my seat when we went over a wave, which is brilliant by the way, it's like being on a rollercoaster. If you don't mind getting wet, sit right up the front, I did and got soaked 3 times by the water coming right over the front of the bot but it was all good fun and had a serious laugh. The caves that you get taken into are breathtaking, I've never seen anything like it up close. Oh yes, they drive the boat right into the cave so you can have a good up-close look inside. Once the boat tour was over we were taken to Port Arthur where we were given lunch boxes before we were given the rest of the day to explore Port Arthur which was really interesting as you can go into the houses and buildings to have a good look round. Make sure you wear warm and comfortable clothes and sun cream as I got wing burn on my face so be careful.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Suzy K

Been to Tasman Island Cruises? Share your experiences!