Another tripadvisor success! I can only reinforce the existing reviews which led me to choose this terrific hostel. It is everything promised: nice communal hostel atmosphere but quiet and relaxed, clean, friendly staff. The hostel has converted an old hotel (late 19th century according to an architect friend), so the rooms have a lovely feeling: high ceilings, heavy wooden window frames, very spacious which I really enjoyed. I stayed in the private single and double (without ensuite): the best value, I couldn't believe the price! There is a reading lamp, heater, suitcase holder and desk in each. It was a little cold overnight, and the doonas provided are thin, but there are spare blankets if you ask. Beds are on the firm side.
The hostel is up the quiet end of Barrack, so was much nicer in its aspect and location and less noisy than the Leisure Inn up the road on Macquarie (where my family were staying). My only worry with noise was the habits of fellow guests, the hostel itself is very quiet: ie the doors do not slam shut, the walls are sturdy, there is no lift, aircon, stairwell noise.
Well-fitted communal kitchen, laundry and nice big recreation area.
It is certainly the best value hostel that I have stayed in in Australia, and I will definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- " COZY FAMILY RUN HOSTEL - IN THE CITY CENTER "FREE INTERNET & WI-FI 24/7 PLUS TICKETS PRINTING.quality Backpacker - Friendly Environment - Budget Travelar - Groups Paradise. We make sure everyone feels welcome and pride ourselves in having a clean and well presented Hostel offering all guests a relaxing and secure experience. Hobart's Accommodation & Hostel, caters to a maximum of 62 guests with our higher standard of accommodation - All rooms have ample space and natural light - We provide an open lounge where gathering and socializing is part of your memorable stay.We provide accommodation from mix dormitories up to full private Queen bed en-suite - In addition, we have laundry facilities available at a modest cost, and provide free coffee & tea all day.hobart's Accommodation & Hostel; is highly rated and recommended on travel feedback sites. " SURPRISE AND TREAT YOURSELF "A Stone's throw from the Mall, Salamanca market, cinemas, shops, restaurants, bus terminus, main Hospital, 20 minutes from airport. PLUS, everything else our beautiful Capital city has to offer.Full information & display what to do while in our wonderful, wild & Natural treasure Island. Your showers will ALWAYS be HOT - we have GASthere is a bus service from hobart airport direct to our front door. PROPERTY FEATURES:1 - boardand internet Access / Wi-Fi2 - Non-Smoking Rooms3 - Street parking; Free at night time & weekends (99.99% safe)4 - Personalize service by the owners/operaters. "We run the show " ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HostelWorld, Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Hobart's Accommodation & Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hobart`s Accommodation And Hostel
- Hobart`s Hotel Hobart
- Hobart's Accommodation & Hostel Tasmania