“Typical stodgy Mexican food.”

Amigos Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #324 of 623 Restaurants in Hobart
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed February 9, 2012

Okay if you've a hankering for Mexican food but noting special.

Reviewed February 5, 2012

I nice family restaurant if you are into mexican food

Reviewed January 31, 2012

But usually quite busy and as overpriced as mexican food usually is..

Reviewed January 31, 2012

Amigos provides fast mexican food at a very reasonable price. Tuesday night is a set menu three course night that makes it even more affordable.
The restaurant is decorated with colour and mexican flair which adds to the casual atmosphere.
Meal sizes are very generous and sure to fill you up.
A great selection of drinks are on offer, including mexican beer.
A booking is a must.

Reviewed January 19, 2012

My partner and I love this place, it's good value, the meals are huge and you can get margaritas by the jug! We went here in January with family and I ordered the Mariscos Burrito (a seafood burrito) for the first time and it was the best burrito I think I have ever had. I often get the seafood fajitas but they can be a bit messy to eat in public (best for takeaways), but now I don't think I can go past the seafood burrito, it was brilliant. My partner usually orders a beef or chicken burrito or enchilada and is always happy with them, quality is very consistent. The others both ordered the Fiesta (3 different dishes) which were massive and really good from all reports. Previously I've also had the Tacquitos which I love, but can't usually fit in both an entree and main because the servings are pretty big! Have never had dessert here for this reason. If you are there during 5.30pm and 7pm you can take advantage of their happy hour drink proces which are good value, and you can't really go wrong with frozen margaritas by the jug! They also have a special 3 course menu of Tuesdays for $22 but we haven't tried it yet (doubt I would be able to fit in 3 courses!). Highly recommended (and I think now the only Mexican in Hobart). Takeaways are also a good option, we do this frequently.