“2 days - we left in awe. Wished had more time.”
Review of Tasmania I Drive

Tasmania I Drive
Ranked #774 of 688 things to do in Tasmania
More attraction details
Owner description: Providing private and customised tours throughout Tasmania for small groups.
vancouver
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“2 days - we left in awe. Wished had more time.”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

It was a very short notice connection we made with personable Vicki and her trusty van Doris. So short it was at Dockside she ascertained what we would like to see over next two days and you know what? She was spot on!
We visited not only major tourist spots (Port Arthur, Richmond, Mount Wellington) but also those little jewels (Tessallated Pavement, Do-do town, Tasman Arch, Nutpatch Chocolate shop in Kettering) so often bypassed in bus or large group tours. We were exposed to so much over the two days (places like Forcett, Dunalley, Eagle Hawk nest, Battery point, Cascade Brewery, Cascade Female Factory, Salamanca Markets, Huon Valley where time didn’t allow stopovers, yet where, we longed to dwell longer. There were so many sights and sounds to which we were exposed – and to those not exposed you know you want to go back.
We were never bored what with on going commentaries and discussions (if only world leaders would listen!). Time just flew by leaving us exhausted at the wonder of it all at each day’s end.
All in all a wonderful experience that we recommend her to all who visit Tassie.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank mar2dav
tasidrive, Manager at Tasmania I Drive, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Thanks Dave & Mary for a lovely review. It was great to meet you both and pleased you enjoyed your 2 day taste of Tassie. All the best for travels in the future.

Singapore, Singapore
“amazing experience with an incredible guide”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Our 6 day tour of Tasmania was unforgettable because of Vicki's meticulous planning, friendly and outgoing nature, and her personalised and flexible itinerary. The food and lodging are amazing, and the views that we enjoyed were nothing short of spectacular. We had a lovely time experiencing this wonderful place. Thank you Vicki for showing us the best of Tasmania.

Visited May 2013
tasidrive, Manager at Tasmania I Drive, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Lovely to hear from you Shihui and thanks for your great review. I really appreciate it and hope you come back again soon with some friends and more adventures. Have a prosperous year ahead.
Thanks
Vicki
Singapore, Singapore
“Six Wonderful times in Tasmania”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Six of us had wonderful times in Vicki's safe hand during our 6 days tour in Tasmania. Her personalized and friendly nature made us feel so comfortable during the trip. Her précised planning prior to the trip met per our requests (farm stay and horse riding) and expectation. We also tasted the best oysters at the oyster farm that Vicki brought us...the sweetness and freshness of the oysters still linger on....

We highly recommend Tasmania I drive to anyone visiting Tasmania. Thank you! Vicki for your effort and services. We will miss the fun and joy we had together.

Thank you!
Rosie

Visited May 2013
tasidrive, Manager at Tasmania I Drive, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Thanks Rosie for your lovely review. I thoroughly enjoyed showing yourself and your family a small taste of what Tasmania has to offer. I will keep in touch
Island of Hawaii
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Tasmania was a favorite destination”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

In March my husband and I spent a week driving around Tasmania. It's a wonderland! We came in on the overnight ferry, The Spirit of Tasmania, and hired a car in Devonport. The weather was really spectacular in March, with only the slightest chill or misty rain. There are fairy penguins around, but you have to get up pretty early in the morning while it's still dark to watch them go out to sea for the day. They return at dark, so the photo ops are minimal. We enjoyed the town Shefield, where they have murals everywhere, and a man with a pet alpaca named Pedro. The Cradle Mountain National Park was amazing with hikes, views and wildlife. We spent a little time in Hobart where we enjoyed a nature preserve with tasmanian devils, quolls, emus and other animals. Hobart is a beautiful, pristine city with a fantastic farmer's market on Saturday called the Salamanca Market. It's the only farmer's market I've ever seen with tastings of home-brewed whiskey. Another highlight is the MONA Museum, which we were keen to see after reading a New York Times article about it just before we left. It was unique and fascinating! A short ferry ride away is Bruny Island, which is another amazing find!
We only had a week, so we didn't get to see the entire eastern half of Tasmania. Our loss!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank brynberg
tasidrive, Manager at Tasmania I Drive, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thanks for your review regarding your trip to Tasmania. Although you didn't travel with me I am pleased you enjoyed your experience here and hopefully you will come back for more one day.
I am very fortunate to show our beautiful island state to so many people in the world and the beauty of so many hidden treasures.
Toronto
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“A very good day in Tasmania”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We visited Tasmania by cruise ship & were met by Vicki's colleague, Janette. There were bush fires at this time so first off we went up Mt. Wellington to try to get the best possible view (& to beat the big tour busses!). It was very cold at the top (Janette kindly lent me a jacket!) but there are incredible views even if it was not totally clear due to the fires. So glad we did the drive up.
Next we went to Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary. We really enjoyed our time here as we were able to feed kangaroos and have a good look at Tasmanian Devils. We would highly recommend going to Bonorong.
We stopped for lunch at Wicked Cheese - excellent food and a great wine recommendation. This was one of our best lunches on our holiday. It was then time to visit the pretty town of Richmond where we had time to stroll along the river. A perfect place to take photos.
We then visited another winery. Again, incredible scenery and we had some time to wander in the vineyards before our ride back to Hobart.
Back in the city, Janette gave us a nice drive around so that we could get a flavor of what the city has to offer. We really liked what we saw.
While it sounds like we saw alot in one day (& we did!), Janette made sure that we never felt rushed. She provided great information on Tasmania and was able to answer all of our questions.
Thank you, Janette for a wonderful introduction to Tasmania!

Visited February 2013
tasidrive, Manager at Tasmania I Drive, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for your review regarding Janette taking you on your cruise ship on shore tour around Hobart and Richmond. I am very pleased you had an enjoyable day and I know Janette did to. I am very fortunate to have her on board.
Thanks again.