All reviewssky housethe cliffsnelling beachmusic playingoverlooking the beachrecord playerthe kitchendiscerning travellerviews are amazingon arrivallounge chairslovely housefig tree restaurantmaking the bookingfresh fruitour honeymoonlittle touches
Reviewed November 16, 2010

Last visit to L.T.P.R. in Feb. 2010 we booked with Nic Hannaford "Cliff House" for our family of 6 to spend Xmas, 23rd.-27th December.
On enquiring to check on our booking last week we were devestated to learn that our booking had not been made. Our entire family are in disbelief especially since we have stayed with L.T.P.R's many times before, our Xmas has been ruined.

Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2010

A beautiful hidden retreat that provides you with everything you could ever want for a truly lovely holiday, added bonus that it is on the delightful Kangaroo Island. Aesthetically pleasing at every turn (beautiful sandstone, unique shapes, exquisitely natural landscaping, views that stretch forever, a bathtub to die for, great records, fun board games and fabulously stocked kitchen) and with an invisible staff to meet your every wish. We look forward to returning many times.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AMadventures
Reviewed July 8, 2010

First-timers to K I we had first two nights at the lighthouse cottage at Cape Du Couedic, then two nights at the Sky House. These accomm's were the two extremes we wanted...lighthouse cottage was basic and in the wild wind and rocky cape, Sky house was luxurious and surrounded by gentle green hills and a beautiful bay. The sky House was absolutely gorgeous, with it's morrocan decor and the huge arched windows which allowed for taking in the amazing scenery from every corner ..lounge chair, bed, bath....aaaahhhhhh!!!! The house was very well provisioned for self-catering. My hubby made meals which we ate on the deck in our winter woolies with wine in hand and kangaroos for company. The location is so beautiful and we were lucky to have magic weather, we wished we had booked a further night . I would recommend a stay of at least two nights at the Sky House for everyone visiting K I, it is pure magic!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sandra G
Reviewed March 21, 2010

I'm a South Australian and have travelled to some of the most beautiful island destinations in the world; Fiji, Samoa, Borneo and many other beachfront locations including Australia's own north Queensland islands, but I have to say, I was truly amazed to find such a magnificent location sitting right on my doorstep. The Cliff house took my breath away the moment I walked in the door. Its strong Mediterranean, cool feel instantly threw me into relaxed holiday mode. The view from the lounge room is honestly one of the best I have ever encountered due to the blue/green waters below, the white sandy beach with your own private path, rustic natural surroundings and simply the sheer solitude it offers. And what can I say about the cliff face jacuzzi; a perfect beach view by day and a million stars at night. The talking point of the house itself for me was the bedroom tower, lying in bed in the morning and looking straight out to sea and hearing the waves with the window open at night and underneath that, the sunken pit complete with pillows, "shaggy" rug, TV and stereo system, both romantic and yet the kids will absolutely love it.
I highly recommend the cliff house. It is a unique experience right here in South Australia, you really don't need to head overseas.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 5, 2010

The cliff house offers stunning views, is large but still cosy, has it own private little walkway to the beach.
Nick and team are perfect hosts, we were extremely well looked after.
Great and extremely tasty cooking and not to forget the saturday night "shearing feast dinner".
A very memorable part of our 6 1/2 week long Australia vacation.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple